UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....

Go down 
+5
CSnyder00
Janie
philuponthepho
nitty
S&FW_FishyFriend
9 posters
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Empty
PostSubject: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 7:28 am

I brought home a couple crayfish for free about a week ago.... I delighted in watching their antics for several days until one day I noticed one of them eating and guarding a bright orange "treasure" in the corner of my tank.... He had apparently grabbed a platy and had devoured half of it already.... I was livid and screamed at my hubby to reach in there grab both of them and "just get rid of them, I don't care how or where, just get them gone" (I was leaving for work when I discovered the misfortune) cause if they got 2 of my platys in one day (they had already eaten one of them entirely) then it was only a matter of time before they ate one of my favorite fish.... He informed me that his turtle much enjoyed this meal. While they were free their "dinner" cost about a $1 each.... Uggghhhh! Lesson: research everything.... even free fish, cause they could wind up costing you more than buying them...!
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 8:42 am

I just learned something because I didn't know crayfish ate fish.
I bet the turtles are happy now. Sorry for your lose.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 8:43 am

In addition. dont forget that it costs a buttload to feed fish.
Back to top Go down
Janie
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Janie

Favorite Fish: : Calvus & all Victorian Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 2:26 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 3:00 pm

Crayfish eat anything they can get their little claws on. They will eat pellets but really like to eat the fish that swim by them. They don't really chase the fish, but they are opportunistic and if a fish gets too close to them or decides to check them out by nipping, they, more than likely, will become lunch!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 4:54 pm

Sorry about your loss.... here in South Louisiana we EAT the crawfish instead of putting them in our tanks... LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 7:46 pm

Just remember next time if it has claws it will kill and if it has a big mouth it will kill.....
That sucks about your plattys....
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 7:50 pm

when i would feed them to my oscars, i would cut their 2 big claws off.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime2/13/2010, 11:15 pm

not to be mean but you shouldve research on it before getting... who knows what else those free stuff could be carrying or do..
Back to top Go down
moparace
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Mickey Mouse Platie

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime2/13/2010, 11:52 pm

THAT BASTARD KILLED UR FISHY!!!
NO CRAYFISH!!!
SORRY FOR THE LOST.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....   Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free fish are EXPENSIVE!!! Valuable lesson....
Page 1 of 1