UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Light fixture question

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

Light fixture question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Light fixture question   Light fixture question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Could I use T5's on a T8 light fixture? Would save me about $100.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Light fixture question   Light fixture question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 6:30 pm

nitty wrote:
philuponthepho wrote:
LOL $269! Too bad I'm not made of money. I'll just go ahead and get the cheap $130 one and hopefully itll last.

@Tim, you mean $300 for a 12gallon biocube. LOL

My bio cube14 with the stand was only $180 w/ free shipping.
It's better than any other tank I have. Very compact and has everything
you need from lights to 3 stage filtration and surface and protein skimmer.

Believe it or not..people try to sell their biocubes for that much $$ on craigslist.
Back to top Go down
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Most Saltwater Fish

PostSubject: Re: Light fixture question   Light fixture question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/21/2010, 4:44 pm

lord you have a 72" metal halide fixture???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light fixture question   Light fixture question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/21/2010, 5:21 pm

igotatank wrote:
lord you have a 72" metal halide fixture???

ummm yeah, a little long but it will work for teh 110 lol!
Back to top Go down
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Most Saltwater Fish

PostSubject: Re: Light fixture question   Light fixture question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 11:12 am

willing to sell? send me a GOOD picture of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light fixture question   Light fixture question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 7:17 pm

igotatank wrote:
willing to sell? send me a GOOD picture of it

if i sold it i would not have a light for teh 110, sorry. only way i could get rid of it is if i had a light to replace it bud (like a 60" 6 to 8 bulb T5 HO setup lol! )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light fixture question   Light fixture question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 10:02 pm

sell it and get a light that fits the tank lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light fixture question   Light fixture question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 10:23 pm

tim wrote:
sell it and get a light that fits the tank lol

tim since it is aluminum i can move mogul sockets and shorten it quite easily if i wanted to but i am considerign leaving it as/is and hanging it which will give better coverage overall. besides no one wants to pay 600.00 to 800.00 for a 3 x 175 Watt MH fixture with no actinics that has magnetic ballasts LOL

and one last thing to consider si due to length and weight it MUST be shipped freight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light fixture question   Light fixture question - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light fixture question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2