UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

breedimg convicts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chriskelley2005
Private First Class
Private First Class
chriskelley2005

Favorite Fish: : Oscar, convicts large plecos

breedimg convicts Empty
PostSubject: breedimg convicts   breedimg convicts Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 12:09 am

i am wanting to breed my convicts i have at least 2 pair that both bred once but i dont know how or why the did it just happened when i moved some decorations around. whats a good temp to get them to breed at? should i put some small pieces or pvc or flowerpots on there i have one bridge like decorations a large log cave like decoration and some plants but i wanna start breeding them so i can home some more fish just need help doing this any info would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

breedimg convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: breedimg convicts   breedimg convicts Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 12:12 am

convicts = water rats.
these guys will breed like crazy. as long as the water isnt freezing or on fire.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

breedimg convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: breedimg convicts   breedimg convicts Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 6:58 am

breedimg convicts 858205 You can give them nothing but water & they will breed...
Back to top Go down
chriskelley2005
Private First Class
Private First Class
chriskelley2005

breedimg convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: breedimg convicts   breedimg convicts Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 1:14 pm

they bred once about a month ago but then the other fish ate thefry one night when i shut the light of in my tank and ever since then nothing
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

breedimg convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: breedimg convicts   breedimg convicts Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 4:34 pm

I agree with the others! As long as you have a male and a female they will soon produce more fry than you can handle!

I guess if you want them to breed immediately you could change 20% of the water in their aquarium, feed live foods, and increasing the temperature of the water by 2 degrees F. For example, if the temperature is 78, increase it to 80 degrees. Do not increase the temperature above 82 degrees F.

Get baby brine shrimp to feed the fry after they hatch.

They may have bred last time because you moved the decorations. Moving stuff around resets the tank territory. So you can try moving stuff around again and I would get something for them to lay their eggs on too. A lot of ppl seem to use flowerpots and they are not expensive.

Convicts are good parents and can usually keep other fish from eating their babies, but if you have problems use a tank divider until the fry are bigger. The fish being disturbed or stressed can cause them to eat their fry, so make sure they aren't getting stressed out by anything (water quality, tank mates, kids tapping the glass, ect...)

PS
Get a bigger tank.
Back to top Go down
chriskelley2005
Private First Class
Private First Class
chriskelley2005

breedimg convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: breedimg convicts   breedimg convicts Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 5:22 pm

i have 2 tanks now a 55 and a 76 oceanic bow front and kids are not allowed to be left alone in the fish room so dont have the tapping problem the only thing i can think of is maybe my jacks are messing with them or my 14in pleco could be bothering them as well but other than that i deffeintly dont have water problems.. i dunno... well i just checked and i have some eggs in there and last time it was about a day or two later the other laid eggs as well so we shall see what happens
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

breedimg convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: breedimg convicts   breedimg convicts Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 10:33 pm

my sister has convicts that breed like crazy...and when they do, they kill everything else in the tank including 2 plecos that were at least 8" each that she had brought in from her pond - if you really want to breed them but like your other fish, then move the other fish away or you'll lose them - i saw this same situation at a LFS - we made the store move the other fish out of the tank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

breedimg convicts Empty
PostSubject: Re: breedimg convicts   breedimg convicts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

breedimg convicts
Page 1 of 1