UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Building a stand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 9:58 pm

I am needing to build a stand for my 140.
What kind of wood should I use?
I want something I can trust.
Anyone know a website for ideas?
Back to top Go down

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 10:07 pm

http://www.aquarium-stand-plans.com/180_gallon_aquarium_stand_plan.htm
Back to top Go down

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 10:10 pm

u can buy door here: https://securewsch01.websitecomplete.com/cabinetdoorsandhardw/shop/prodCat.asp
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 10:32 pm

this is a 140 right?
the guy i got it from said it was a 100 gallon but i did lxwxh and got like 142.

L-72.5
W-18.5
H-24.5

someone please correct me if i am wrong.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 10:43 pm

Is this going to be a show tank? Nice stand?
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 10:50 pm

i guees u could call it a show tank. just need something to hold it. that i dont have to worry about falling down. i plan on painting it black and building a canopy as well.

this is a 140 right?
Back to top Go down

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 11:02 pm

maybe Length x Height x Depth x 0.00433 ?
Back to top Go down

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 11:03 pm

142 gallon
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 11:07 pm

i still get 142
im pretty sure its a 140 and the guy i got it from didnt know what he had
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 11:16 pm

ditto. i get 142.
Back to top Go down

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime7/30/2009, 7:56 am

If your planning on painting it go with pine I you want to stain it go with cypress. Cypress is also rot resistant.

P.S. please don't paint it that drives me nuts when people paint over pretty wood instead of staining it.
Back to top Go down

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 2:55 am

well according to glasscages your tank is not a standard size (at least those dimensions are NOT on their list of standard sizes. they do have a 72 x 18 x 25 which is a 135 gallon tank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Building a stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a stand   Building a stand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a stand
Page 1 of 1