UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

home madebuffers vs commercial buffer

Go down 
+2
khrister
hydrodmg
6 posters

do you use this in your tank
salt
home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_lcap32%home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
baking soda
home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_lcap16%home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Epsom salt
home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_lcap16%home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
commercial buffer
home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_lcap5%home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
nothing jeezus wouldn't put salt in fresh water
home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_lcap31%home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Vote_rcap
 31% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : broiled or grilled just not fried

home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Empty
PostSubject: home madebuffers vs commercial buffer   home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Icon_minitime12/27/2009, 10:22 pm

tell me what you think and share recipes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: home madebuffers vs commercial buffer   home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 7:11 am

Per 5-10 gal of water

1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp epsom salt
1 tsp mortons salt, the kind in the blue bag (99.9% salt) Its made for water softners but its super cheap and works well

This mix gives you the buffers and a bit of both salts for anti parasitics and digestive aid.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: home madebuffers vs commercial buffer   home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 7:19 am

This recipe worked for me with great results:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/buffer_recipe.php
Back to top Go down
xrickyhoangx
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: home madebuffers vs commercial buffer   home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 12:11 pm

i used 1teaspoon of salt per 10gal of water
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: home madebuffers vs commercial buffer   home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 12:24 pm

I do salt baths when needed
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: home madebuffers vs commercial buffer   home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 1:59 pm

What exact amount of these elements would one use to produce a predictable and stable value in any given amount of water....What tests would you use to know you didn't over or under dose?
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: home madebuffers vs commercial buffer   home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 2:08 pm

Well i guess we all know now i used salt in my goldfish tank lol. But that wont help you cichlid/tropical ppls.

As far as my tropical tanks, I didnt add anything to the water but water conditioner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: home madebuffers vs commercial buffer   home madebuffers vs commercial buffer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

home madebuffers vs commercial buffer
Page 1 of 1