UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Hello from Southern California!

Go down 
+4
CSnyder00
philuponthepho
Terry
chicknefoot87
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

Hello from Southern California! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 1:16 pm

hi

Hi everybody! I'm so excited to join your forums. I just moved to the Orange County area so i lost all my Central Coast fishy connections. Hopefully I can make some new ones here! Hello from Southern California! 772341

I'm a currently unemployed 22 year old girl that has been doing the fish thang for around 4 or 5 years. I started out with live-bearers, mostly fancy guppies, because they were fun to breed for a while. MY mom thought I was CRAZY when I started to get really into it and had 9 tanks of guppies in the house lol! Unfortunately I dont have any pictures of those tanks. After guppies I started up my tropical simi-aggressive tank (30g) and my goldfish tank (60g). Those I have pictures of I will post. I also had a kiddie pool (110g) in my garage that had some koi and larger goldfish in it. I also had 10 betta bowls scattered around the house as well.

When I moved down here I had to sell almost all my fish and tanks cry because I now live in a one bedroom apartment. The apartment also charges a $500 deposit if you have a fish tank in case of water damage. So unfortunately right now I cant have a big aquarium like i want, but i did manage to sneak some of the little guys in fish funny I cant imagine not having any! So I brought 3 betta in bowls and the Black Moore that my boyfriend got me for my birthday last year. The Moore is in a 5g hex and to tell the truth it is on the small side for him, but I keep up on it and haven't had any problems in the 7 months he has been in there.

Oops! Almost forgot! I did have a saltwater set up for a little while (60g) But I didn't have much luck with it. It was when I was a lot less experienced and I paid the price! (Quite literally!) I had a Dwarf Lionfish and some Damsels in there until they all got Velvet and died. Live and learn i suppose. I want to try again but I have to wait until I have more money to throw away lol $$$

Give me some time to get all my pictures together and I will post some up.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 1:39 pm

Welcome aboard. Good to have you with us.
hi
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 1:44 pm

welcome

Wow...your in the right place. This is a bunch of fish freaks. lol!

Welcome to the sight!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 1:51 pm

usafishbox welcome welcome2
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 2:05 pm

Welcome! Where did you live on the central coast?
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 2:53 pm

Rachael0805 wrote:
Welcome! Where did you live on the central coast?

I used to live in Salinas,CA
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 2:58 pm

Nice! Im from Monterey originally.
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

PostSubject: Pics of my tanks   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 3:18 pm

My desk tank at work. Zebra Danios.
Hello from Southern California! Iphonepics195

Hello from Southern California! Iphonepics194

My tropical 30g
Hello from Southern California! PICT0936-1

Hello from Southern California! PICT0944

Butterfly fish
Hello from Southern California! Tropicalfish009

Hello from Southern California! Tropicalfish013

Hello from Southern California! Tropicalfish008

Hello from Southern California! Tropicalfish001

Goldfish tank
Hello from Southern California! PICT0540

Hello from Southern California! Goldfish009

Hello from Southern California! Colette

Hello from Southern California! LABdayTrip079small

Hello from Southern California! Iphonepics141

Hello from Southern California! L-11

Hello from Southern California! L-14

Hello from Southern California! L-12

Hello from Southern California! L-4

Hello from Southern California! Watson

MY betta

Hello from Southern California! Iphonepics104

Hello from Southern California! Iphonepics408

Hello from Southern California! Iphonepics407

Hello from Southern California! Orange2

Hello from Southern California! Orange

Hello from Southern California! Betta003
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 3:19 pm

Rachael0805 wrote:
Nice! Im from Monterey originally.

Sweet! Monterey is nice :) I love the aquarium!
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 3:22 pm

Me too. We are permanent members. I go there all the time. fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 4:00 pm

welcome aboard. i think you and fern will get along great :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 4:25 pm

Nice butterfly!!! I have wanted one for some time now but have yet to find the tank space for it. How many corys do you have in that tank?
Oh and welcome funny
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 4:43 pm

hi welcome2
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 4:44 pm

Fern wrote:
Nice butterfly!!! I have wanted one for some time now but have yet to find the tank space for it. How many corys do you have in that tank?
Oh and welcome funny

I had 4 albino corys, 4 green corys, and 4 spotted corys.
Back to top Go down
OldTanks
USA Fishbox Sponsor
OldTanks

Favorite Fish: : http://photobucket.com/oldtanks

PostSubject: Welcome Aboard!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 5:25 pm

Welcome Aboard!

Very nice people here, where everyone is just like family.

Feel free to post your questions to the forums.
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 7:43 pm

Welcome aboard!!!
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 11:08 pm

Welcome again, its nice to have you here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southern California!   Hello from Southern California! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Southern California!
Page 1 of 1