UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Goldfish as feeders or as pets?

Go down 
+14
oscarlover007
istrober
metrofish
typicaltony
KMX
nanobelle
carold
mshill90
Jade
chicknefoot87
CajunGator
germanreds
Holey Rock of Texas
philuponthepho
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

Goldfish as feeders or as pets? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Goldfish as feeders or as pets?   Goldfish as feeders or as pets? - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/10/2009, 12:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

I tried to feed flowerhorn goldfish b/c guppies were too small and instead he ignored them. So now, they are 4-5in(long tail) and are eating all my food.

So now im forced to keep the goldfish as pets because its mean killing stuff Pirates

Question is: Do you keep goldfish as pets or as feeders?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish as feeders or as pets?   Goldfish as feeders or as pets? - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/21/2011, 9:01 pm

Put them on the grill! lol
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish as feeders or as pets?   Goldfish as feeders or as pets? - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/21/2011, 10:01 pm

Koi eating the fancies? wow that's a new one for me. I never thought they were BIG eaters in that way LOL

So what are you going to do, keep them, or give them away?
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish as feeders or as pets?   Goldfish as feeders or as pets? - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/22/2011, 12:06 am

both for me. I used the "feeder" goldfish to feed my wildcaught fish like bass, perch ect. but i also think they make great fishy pets :)
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish as feeders or as pets?   Goldfish as feeders or as pets? - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/22/2011, 1:09 am

My fancy's can be little bulldogs sometimes... Once in a while they get a wild hair up their collective a$$'s and harass one of the group. Role, bully, push, wrestle etc. I try to keep them apart but they can be down right rotten when they get into a mood. The good thing is they usually take turns be the victim.

We "rescued" briefly a large commet from my neighbors and in 2 days he nipped chunks of fin and several scales off my favorite Oranda. He was brutal. It is not recomended to keep single fins with fan tails.

If you are going to use feeders as food get yourself a feeder tank and keep a supply well fed and medicate them when they come in. Feed them with healthy food and vitamins and they will be a much healthier meal.

Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goldfish as feeders or as pets?   Goldfish as feeders or as pets? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goldfish as feeders or as pets?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2