UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

New Member from Southlake, TX

Go down 
+5
S&FW_FishyFriend
nitty
R2 Ranch
KMX
TheShow
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheShow
Private
Private
TheShow

Favorite Fish: : My Mbuna Red Top Ice Blue Zebra Cichlid named Iceburg.

New Member from Southlake, TX Empty
PostSubject: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 10:15 am

Hey guys, just wanted to say hi to everyone. Started fish keeping after I graduated college and have been in the game for 4-5 years now. I have a 140 gallon African Cichlid show tank in my office, a new 46 gallon bow front at my house which is currently only housing a Golden Dream and a Patriot crab, and 5 or so various other 10-20 gallon tanks with guppies, platies and swordtails. Any suggestions or ideas on what I should put in the 46 bowfront? I also plan on starting a 200-300 gallon saltwater in the next couple of years, I'll let you guys know when I start up that project.

Also, I'm looking for a Blue Australian Lobster/Yabby to put in my Cichlid tank if any of you guys have one for sale or know any stores I can go look for one I'd appreciate it! Also, my Fiance is looking for Blue Pearl Shrimp or a dwarf orange crayfish and I would love to find either or both of those for her tanks.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing what this site has to offer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 10:17 am

welcome2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 10:19 am

hi an dwelcome to usafishbox.com, enjoy your stay here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 10:36 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 10:37 am

Glad to have you! welcome2

If I was about to start a 46 bowfront ....knowing that I have a 200-300 Gallon saltwater coming I would deffently do a Cichlid tank New Member from Southlake, TX 690297 Some nice Mbuna or Peacock.....Or even a mix. Can't wait to see some pics of your tank. Also I would not recomend putting a lobster in with Cichlids. Someone will be food. If I had to bet on it I would say your lobster might be the food. ...sounds like you have MTS like most of us. Pirates
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 11:08 am

hi welcome2
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 11:27 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 11:47 am

Happy to have you!!! New Member from Southlake, TX 265353
Back to top Go down
TheShow
Private
Private
TheShow

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 12:49 pm

Awesome, thanks guys! Yeah I definitely have a case of MTS haha. I actually had an Australian Blue Lobster in a 55 gallon with cichlids and they never posed a threat to each other, the lobster picked out his corner under a rock and that was that haha. Never had a loss until the lobster made a miraculous escape 6 months later climbing up a power cord and squeezing himself through about an 1.5 inch gap at the top of the tank. The lobster was almost 8" long and he was great. I figured it might be even easier to have one in the large tank I have now especially since there aren't any opening on top; I just never see them anywhere.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 2:12 pm

Have you ever been to an auction?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 7:04 pm

welcome to a great group of fishy people... LOL
New Member from Southlake, TX 3514
Back to top Go down
TheShow
Private
Private
TheShow

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 9:58 pm

I've never been to a fish auction, but I've been to plenty estate auctions. Where are there fish auctions at? What do they have for sale, what can I expect, etc etc?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 10:06 pm

There is an auction in 2 weeks in San Antonio. There will be mainly Cichlids, plants, tanks and aquatic equipment. A group of people are going from this forum. You are more then welcome to come with us.
Back to top Go down
TheShow
Private
Private
TheShow

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/3/2009, 12:17 pm

Wish I could make it, but I will be out of town myself in 2 weeks. Can't wait to hear what you guys get.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/3/2009, 12:53 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/3/2009, 12:53 pm

a little late but welcome2 aboard
Back to top Go down
BPDuncan
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Tropheus & Petrochromis

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/10/2009, 7:59 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/11/2009, 2:48 am

WELL IT'S THE BIG SHOW!
Back to top Go down
OldTanks
USA Fishbox Sponsor
OldTanks

Favorite Fish: : http://photobucket.com/oldtanks

PostSubject: Welcome Aboard!   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime11/17/2009, 1:40 pm

Welcome Aboard!

Very nice people here, where everyone is just like family.

Feel free to post your questions to the forums.

---------------------------------------
OldTanks
See the OldTanks photo gallery at:
http://photobucket.com/oldtanks
---------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Southlake, TX   New Member from Southlake, TX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member from Southlake, TX
Page 1 of 1