UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Opaline gourami with fungus?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

Opaline gourami with fungus? Empty
PostSubject: Opaline gourami with fungus?   Opaline gourami with fungus? Icon_minitime5/27/2012, 3:26 pm

So I have an Opaline gourami, he was living with 2 fantail goldfish I had partly because he was picked on. He was not doing so well and I put him in 55 gallon hoping to help him out. I put him in there and now I see what looks like red fungus on him maybe? He is much more active and it may be clearing up a bit. My 55 is good on all parameters, but I guess my questions are.. Should I put him somewhere else? Could those fish catch whatever it is?
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

PostSubject: Re: Opaline gourami with fungus?   Opaline gourami with fungus? Icon_minitime5/29/2012, 11:11 am

any ideas? Thinking by looking at his fins closely that it could be fin rot...but he has stuff on his body...
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Opaline gourami with fungus?   Opaline gourami with fungus? Icon_minitime5/29/2012, 4:32 pm

Fungus grows on dead tissue. Fin rot is treated with formilin.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: Opaline gourami with fungus?   Opaline gourami with fungus? Icon_minitime5/29/2012, 4:36 pm

Thanks Doc,
I just went in there and looked at him. I have not gotten any treatment for him yet. He still has what almost looks like ich and some rot. The tank he is in now is healthier and he despite still looking roughish is eating well and much more active now. It's not getting worse. I remember when I had some sick cory's I did a shock treatment by putting them in a cup of tank water with aquarium salt. Is that an option for him if its not getting better?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Opaline gourami with fungus?   Opaline gourami with fungus? Icon_minitime5/29/2012, 6:52 pm

That will work for the ick. Rot needs formilin to stop the decay.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: Opaline gourami with fungus?   Opaline gourami with fungus? Icon_minitime6/2/2012, 9:20 pm

So this gourami is crazy...I put him in a sick tank with meds. I checked on him about an hour ago and he was fine. I went in there to turn the lights on and could not find him... I turn the light on and see him on the ground 6 ft away from the tank...luckily the tank was on the ground so not a big fall but he was dry..and me not being smart grabs him with dry hands *facepalm* He is back in the sick tank and swimming and is now covered as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opaline gourami with fungus?   Opaline gourami with fungus? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opaline gourami with fungus?
Page 1 of 1