UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My cory saga

Go down 
+14
JACK D
tjb0408
nitty
audrey
zobofonian
Janie
Patty
Orthidox
Twin Dad
Fish_Love
MasRoberts9
R2 Ranch
KMX
Holey Rock of Texas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

My cory saga - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/31/2009, 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

My albino cories laying eggs on the side of the tank!
My cory saga - Page 2 265353
This is in my 10gal tank that I was using for my rescued cories to fatten them up. All of them but the 3 albinos had been moved over to my 75gal about a week ago. during the 2 week QT time that I had all 10 in there I had been doing massive water changes 20%-50% and feeding shrimp pellets and frozen bloodworm's. still on the same feeding regiment. They had a decent sized water change 2-3 days ago about 30% 2 helpings of frozen bloodworms yesterday.
I have pictures and 2 videos of it I will put them up later after their done.

How long should I leave them in the tank? Do the males have to fertilize the eggs or is that done prior to laying? I will move them to my 20gal for the time being I guess. I know they will eat the eggs and thats all I know :shock:

I think these cories are about 4-5yrs old.

Last edited by Fern on 8/25/2009, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/2/2009, 6:11 pm

Ok That's all of the videos as of this moment. I still cant believe their laying more. They seem to have 'set off' the original 3 in the 20gal. Their all laying eggs now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/3/2009, 1:39 pm

I hope the vids help people who want to breed corys so they aren't as flustered as I was!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/3/2009, 1:58 pm

Sweet deal. Grow those suckers out and get some trade in. OR $$$ Congrats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/3/2009, 2:48 pm

I've already talked to my LFS about trade ins ;) I may try to get my bronzes to breed as well, they are about the same age. Now all I need are more 10g's fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2009, 5:52 am

Just a little side tangent here;
When your looking for fry the size of a grain of sand its amazing how many tiny critters you notice in your tank. I think I'm going to look at my tank water under a microscope soon.

I cant tell what if fry and what is critters! Its getting frustrating affraid
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/4/2009, 8:56 am

Thanks for the updates!!!! Keep them coming. :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 8:04 am

Ok just read last night that the water should have been no more than 6" deep :oops: So I dropped the water level and the 2nd batch ought to be hatching todayish. Hopefully I get a few out of this and don't kill them all.... I feel like such a noob :oops:
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 8:20 am

Thanks for sharing all your information!! I am glad were all learning through you!!! fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 8:31 am

I'm glad that my mistakes are informational for someone other than myself :lol: It makes me feel better My cory saga - Page 2 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 2:45 pm

Ok, I think some of the itty bitty nearly microscopic twitchy things are possibly starting to resemble tadpole looking things.... Maybe 😕 ..... I really have no clue if theirs fry in there or not. I'm just assuming there is and feeding with baby brine. Heck I may only end up with a few fat and happy snails when all is said and done $$$
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 3:43 pm

Awesome... Thanks for the update! Fat snails can't be to bad either. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2009, 4:31 pm

Wow I just reread that.... Gotta love it when I talk technical :lol:

Ya my only 2 ramshorns are in there as well as a few MTS and a few stray pond snails. I'm hoping to increase the populations on the first 2 anyways. I like my snails they make good cleaners.
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 7:13 am

I have a few ramshorns and I love them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 7:35 am

I think their pretty neat, the kids like them too. I think mine came in as hitch hikers, I didn't buy them. The only snail that I purposefully got was my MTS and they do wonders in my sand! I dont see why so many people are so anti snails, I like my little cleaning crew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/11/2009, 10:52 am

Ok so there's defiantly live fry. The tadpole shaped wigglers are getting bigger! I need to get some of my other tanks up and running so I have some room for these guys when they get a little bigger!
My cory saga - Page 2 265353
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/11/2009, 1:04 pm

What size are your other tank?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/11/2009, 1:16 pm

55g 30g 10g and my sons 20g that I hopefully wont have to use
I already have a canister for the 30g that's on my 75g now so it will have bacteria. The canister for the 55g I still need to make run I also need to leak test it. And the filter for the 10g is a POS. The 10g is cycling now with tadpoles and some sand in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2009, 6:08 am

:shock: Now my bronzes are laying eggs in my 75gal :shock: Possibly my black sails as well!!!!
I fed all the tanks black worms last night. The guy at my LFS said it would probably trigger another spawning and he was defiantly right. I'm just wondering what I'm going to do with all of them?!?!?!?!?!?!
At this rate I should go into the cory breeding business fish fish fish fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2009, 7:08 am

And there still at it fish fish fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2009, 7:29 am

Ok what kind of cory is the hardest to breed? I may have to get a few with the luck I'm having.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2009, 8:10 am

You should go to the local fish store and do a trade in for supplies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2009, 8:37 am

The first batch is no where near sell size. But they are expecting them when they are bigger. I did trade some salt water supply's for food and stuff yesterday.
This is just friggin nuts. They have spawned in every tank I have so far my 10g my 20g now my 75g
I didn't have time to wait for them to finish I was late for work as it was. I moved maybe 150-200 eggs though.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2009, 9:29 am

SHow us some pics when they get a bit bigger..... I wanna seeeeee fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2009, 9:35 am

I would need a much better camera to get pics now. They are barely visible to the naked eye at this point.
I was just doing a tally. 400 eggs in the first batch 100 in the second batch 150-200 in this batch.....Possibly 700 fry!!! :shock:
Back to top Go down
Fish_Love
Sergeant
Sergeant
Fish_Love

Favorite Fish: : German Red Peacock

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2009, 9:38 am

Wow. Thats a whole bunch of Croy. You might have to start a little farm. Do you know how to ship fish?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2009, 9:45 am

I have no idea how its done 😕
Ya with the luck I'm having with them I may have to get a few more tanks just to raise the fry..... Especially if they keep it up!
It seem they need; Plenty of hiding spots and live or frozen foods. Frozen blood worms live black worms, small tadpole and mosquito larvae. Staple diet of flakes and shrimp pellets and a small piece of algae disc every so often. Oh ya and some Cory love potion My cory saga - Page 2 165198 rofl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My cory saga
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next