UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My cory saga

Go down 
+14
JACK D
tjb0408
nitty
audrey
zobofonian
Janie
Patty
Orthidox
Twin Dad
Fish_Love
MasRoberts9
R2 Ranch
KMX
Holey Rock of Texas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage

My cory saga - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime7/31/2009, 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

My albino cories laying eggs on the side of the tank!
My cory saga - Page 7 265353
This is in my 10gal tank that I was using for my rescued cories to fatten them up. All of them but the 3 albinos had been moved over to my 75gal about a week ago. during the 2 week QT time that I had all 10 in there I had been doing massive water changes 20%-50% and feeding shrimp pellets and frozen bloodworm's. still on the same feeding regiment. They had a decent sized water change 2-3 days ago about 30% 2 helpings of frozen bloodworms yesterday.
I have pictures and 2 videos of it I will put them up later after their done.

How long should I leave them in the tank? Do the males have to fertilize the eggs or is that done prior to laying? I will move them to my 20gal for the time being I guess. I know they will eat the eggs and thats all I know :shock:

I think these cories are about 4-5yrs old.

Last edited by Fern on 8/25/2009, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 3:57 pm

NICE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 4:39 pm

SWEEEET congrats on your babies!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 4:45 pm

I doubt the eggs are any good, they look much smaller than the adults eggs, I didn't even bother to save them, I will give them another 3 times before I save them.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 6:49 pm

Why three times? Just your preference or is that regularly done?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 7:57 pm

try black worms to increase production
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 6:29 am

Yes that trick works very well. But I'm not quite set up yet for mass production of these guys.... Yet..... I'm working on it though.

Rach, I just picked a number.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 8:15 am

???? number?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 9:19 am

Its just as easy to raise 500 as 50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 5:10 pm

I haven't been raising any lately, I need more gallons first. And to do that I need to get the garage fish ready with insulation heater and A/C.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 8:16 am

u should bring all ur stuff to my garage!!! it has a/c!!!!! My cory saga - Page 7 Lol
ill be more than happy to help u relocate every thing:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 8:24 am

lol! ha ha ha lol!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 8:36 am

just sayin!!!! lol My cory saga - Page 7 455499
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 8:57 am

some saga... haha

so did you ever go with the pandas? or just went right up to the adolphi?

any others you were looking into?

i used to have a dozen pandas in a planted tank, shame i never thought about breeding them..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My cory saga
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7