UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **

Go down 
+16
D'Claro
PHISH HEAD
CSnyder00
snoskiur
bassackwards
BFinley
steves_kiki
CajunGator
jb1edlover
Elrollo
James0816
parkmond131
Cichlid Lover
KMX
08can-am
Jeepluv77
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Empty
PostSubject: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 12:51 am

Okay guys and gals

Va Chapter meeting details
DATE Sunday Jan 9th, 2011
TIME 2PM
PLACE 149 LaBrook Dr, Richmond Va 23225 (804-767-6203)

Dinner will be Chili, salad, and rolls
coffee, tea, Mountain dew and pepsi

trade auction will be taking place during the get together so no money involved in auction. Just trade. I will have a tank set up to float bags and air pump with stone to give air if needed for livestock.

we will have a donation box that if you would like to donate for T-shirts and etc for USAfishbox.com

Please list on this thread donations for auction and if you would like to donate anything to the dinner like plates, cups, dessert, or anything else.

Also you can bring family and friends so give me a total number of people coming with you.

Hope to see you all there.

Thanks Ursula Va Chapter Leader

User's Coming:
Fish vixen
elrollo
Jeeplover and husband
08can-am and wife possibly brother
parkmond
James0816 ? (Has severe cold)
Cichlid Lover
jbledlover
steves_kiki and husband
Tank Girl
D'Claro
Miss "sick"lid
Possible snoskiur

Food List:
fish vixen- Chilli, salad, rolls, tea, coffee, Pepsi, Mt Dew, Plates, bowl, utensils, cups
elrollo- chairs (coming early to help set up)
08can-am chips and dip (possibly cookies)
parkmond Venison chili
Tank Girl hummus

Auction Item List:
@2 pre breeder size angels
male Kribs
driftwood
holey rock
kids books
misc box (all kinds of used goodies)
Otos
shrimp
black bar endlers
Plant assortment (1 or 2 bags of mixed plants)
Sunburst platy
more Driftwood

If anyones interested we have members who will bring these items if there is an interest

Guppies
Red Zebras 3" (Cichlid Lover interested in them)
Victorian Cichlids
48" t5 bulbs (brand new)
36" t5 (1 month old) Jb is interested in these
Floating plants

Last edited by FishVixen on 1/8/2011, 2:39 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 4:24 am

I got the hubby to agree to go! :) I'm so far beyond stoked. I just lost everything but two Endler's, with the female looking pretty bad, thanks to my heater going out and causing the pH to drop(for some reason) so I'm not sure yet what I'll be able to bring for the auction. As far as supplies, what are the guidelines? I have some stuff left from my saltwater tank that I don't need but, obviously, they're used. For example, a small Rio powerhead I used just to get the salt to mix in when I first got the tank, an almost full large bottle of Kent Pro-Clear, and a large hollow barnacle ornament I had for the eel to hide in. Everything's in good condition but I'm not sure if anyone would want them as they are used, although they look new. I might still have some airline tubing left, too, if I can keep it away from my DIY fanatic husband. Sorry, but I'm a total newbie to the fish club thing. I can't tell you how happy I am to have such an inclusive bunch of people that accept me even if I don't have a $20k reef setup! As for things for the dinner, tell me what you need an you've got it! As of right now, my ex has started taking our son on Sundays. I think he switched his day off for football season so it appears I'll be kid free that day and it will just be me and Josh. That could change though as I have no idea how the whole football season works.
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 5:50 am

I'll bring some chips and dip also. maybe some cookies. If i dont really have anything to trade im hoping someone would accept cash. I pretty much give anythnig i have that im not using to my younger brother. And jeepluv bring your salt water stuff. Im sure someone would be interested in taking a look at it.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 8:21 am

usafishbox

Go VA!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 10:56 am

It's a trade auction so bring anything for the auction new or used, fresh or salt, it's just a fun thing and not to stress over it. If you do not have anything it's okay but person with the most brought will choose his prize first that's all. If anyone can bring an extra item just in case someone shows up without that would be nice. Boy this is going to be great! Keep the post going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 3:28 pm

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** 265353 bump sign
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 4:06 pm

I'll bring the above mentioned items and whatever else I have lying around. It's all stuffed in closets and cabinets where it's out of the way so I really have no idea what's still here.
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 6:28 pm

I know I have boxes of stuff in my shop, I'll see what I can bring. banana dance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 6:52 pm

So far 6 confirmed. ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** 265353 Go Va!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 8:21 am

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** 265353 in Va Jan 9th at 2 PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 8:52 am

If anyone has folding chairs they can bring it would help a bunch. I have sort of sparse furniture, 6 or so needed.

Thanks Ursula
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 9:03 am

DO NOT 4GET to take pics and Video of the 1st ever Chapter Meet n greet n VA!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 9:09 am

Oh for sure the camera batteries will be charged that day I'm sure others will have cameras also.
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 11:18 am

I'll be sure to brush my hair for any photos. Lol. Jk. Getting very close tho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 4:16 pm

Shave it! lol!
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 6:43 pm

NO Way. lol
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Peacock's & Haps for watching, "Flounder for eating" Yum

PostSubject: RE: Jan 9th meeting   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 6:37 pm

Hey Ursula if ya need any venison for that chili let me know. YUM
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 6:54 pm

Num Yummy!

Sounds like someone might have some Jerky too eh?
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 7:05 pm

James0816 wrote:
Num Yummy!

Sounds like someone might have some Jerky too eh?

Workin on that one!!! Infinity YUM
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 7:21 pm

Whats up JB? Found out my business cards went from richmond to Calf. I may see them one day. Welcome to the box. welcome2
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 8:28 pm

You know what goes good with jerky? Bud light. ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** 772341
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 9:47 pm

I've never cooked venison so I'd be afraid to ruin it! LOL. If you would like to bring some cooked we can throw it in as I love well cooked venison (but I've tasted awful also LOL)
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 2:33 am

Thats the good thing about chilli grind it up add some beef fat(or fatty beef) taste great....

Funny wife keeps saying she will not eat any of the deer I killed....man she sure loves my chilli and burgers...

Now if I can just make the steaks taste the same...close but not quite there
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 6:28 am

Cooking venison is almost like an art. Once you get it down pat, most people will not even know they are eating it. My pops was good at it.
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Jan 9 Meeting   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 6:36 am

I already have some venison burger made up. How about if I bring a crock pot of venison chili with me & G/F? Some people may not eat it no no I should have no prob coming up with some stuff for the auction, Would anybody coming to the meeting be interested in a Midas? about 4". Let me know about the chili.

JB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next