UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **

Go down 
+16
D'Claro
PHISH HEAD
CSnyder00
snoskiur
bassackwards
BFinley
steves_kiki
CajunGator
jb1edlover
Elrollo
James0816
parkmond131
Cichlid Lover
KMX
08can-am
Jeepluv77
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 12:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Okay guys and gals

Va Chapter meeting details
DATE Sunday Jan 9th, 2011
TIME 2PM
PLACE 149 LaBrook Dr, Richmond Va 23225 (804-767-6203)

Dinner will be Chili, salad, and rolls
coffee, tea, Mountain dew and pepsi

trade auction will be taking place during the get together so no money involved in auction. Just trade. I will have a tank set up to float bags and air pump with stone to give air if needed for livestock.

we will have a donation box that if you would like to donate for T-shirts and etc for USAfishbox.com

Please list on this thread donations for auction and if you would like to donate anything to the dinner like plates, cups, dessert, or anything else.

Also you can bring family and friends so give me a total number of people coming with you.

Hope to see you all there.

Thanks Ursula Va Chapter Leader

User's Coming:
Fish vixen
elrollo
Jeeplover and husband
08can-am and wife possibly brother
parkmond
James0816 ? (Has severe cold)
Cichlid Lover
jbledlover
steves_kiki and husband
Tank Girl
D'Claro
Miss "sick"lid
Possible snoskiur

Food List:
fish vixen- Chilli, salad, rolls, tea, coffee, Pepsi, Mt Dew, Plates, bowl, utensils, cups
elrollo- chairs (coming early to help set up)
08can-am chips and dip (possibly cookies)
parkmond Venison chili
Tank Girl hummus

Auction Item List:
@2 pre breeder size angels
male Kribs
driftwood
holey rock
kids books
misc box (all kinds of used goodies)
Otos
shrimp
black bar endlers
Plant assortment (1 or 2 bags of mixed plants)
Sunburst platy
more Driftwood

If anyones interested we have members who will bring these items if there is an interest

Guppies
Red Zebras 3" (Cichlid Lover interested in them)
Victorian Cichlids
48" t5 bulbs (brand new)
36" t5 (1 month old) Jb is interested in these
Floating plants

Last edited by FishVixen on 1/8/2011, 2:39 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 11:10 am

It's almost time! Will be on the lookout for the orange sign! lol!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 12:37 pm

I have stuff in the truck. Getting fuel and then on our way!
Kin
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 2:54 pm

Any news?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 3:30 pm

Can't wait to hear all the good stuff ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 690297
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 4:00 pm

We had an amazing turn out! On my way home now!
Kin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 4:03 pm

Well everyone just left and we had a blast. 16 members plus families People were coming and going. You should have seen some of the stuff for the trade auction, Rusties, platies, snails, tons of plants, Lights huge holey rock, plant tabs, 500 ml of prime,. Our next meeting will be in March 6th at Cichlid lovers shop more to follow.plenty of pics were taken so someone will post them soon I hope. I'll let the others fill you in on more.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 4:25 pm

Awsome!!!! I am jealouse!
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 5:15 pm

Yea, Go VA Chapter! It was great to meet every one and put a face with a name. I think a fun time was had by all. Thanks to FishVixon for hosting the meeting. Everything was really nice and thanks to the Hampton folks for making the trip. ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 772341

I have not figured out how to post pictures yet, I tryed but it didn't work.

Last edited by Cichlid Lover on 1/9/2011, 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 5:37 pm

I had a great time meeting all the folks! I took a bunch of pictures so I'll get those on later tonight!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 5:51 pm

I had fun! I love all my plants and Snails! :) thanks to everyone who came! It was fun meeting everyone!

Kin
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids; mostly peacocks and haps

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 6:32 pm

Thanks for the invite and the food! See ya next time, hopefully!

Todd
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Fish

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 6:42 pm

i missed out, if it was closer to va beach/norfolk I'd have gone
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 7:03 pm

The VA Chapter is off to a flying start!

We had a really great meeting and I would say this was about as good a first meeting as you can get.

For those who couldn't be there this time (but wanted to) here are some of the Highlights:

• Meeting all the fishy folks - it was really fun to meet other area fish-keepers and hear what they have to say.

A tour of FishVixen's lovely aquariums - she's got some nice ones going! I could watch for hours ...

The trade auction - we all contributed something (or a few things) and we all left with something. There were some really nice things donated by the folks and we all had a good time choosing when our number came up.

Thanks so much to FishVixen for hosting this first one and having us all in her home. I'm looking forward to the next meeting!
fish
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 7:06 pm

It was very cool. Cant wait til the next one.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 7:13 pm

Pics!!!
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 7:37 pm

Just got home a little bit ago 3.25 hours after I left...you have to love hampton roads traffic. Had a great time enjoyed meeting everyone. Enjoyed talking about other hobbys besides fish and of course talking about fish. Was real surprised at the turn out next time I will definitley bring more chairs.

I reall really want to thank Fishvixen for making party happen alot of work went into organizing and hosting, just want to let you know how much we appreciated it.

Looking forward to the next meeting and hopefully some future road trips with my fellow fishbox members.
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 7:57 pm

I meant to ask but do any of the Va ppl ride motorcycles. Im trying to find some people to ride with. None of my friends have bikes. Spring time is coming and im ready.
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids; mostly peacocks and haps

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 8:18 pm

I do... but, I have so little time to ride now after recently being a single parent. Occasionally, I get to ride, though!
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Fish

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 9:22 pm

disappointed that I missed it. :(
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 9:47 pm

OK OK, here goes some pictures! I tried to get at least 1 of everyone! We had a couple slip in and out before I got the camera out so that's my fault!

First of all this is the begining!
** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 026

This was at the end of the meeting, sorry but we're missing 5 people that had left by then.
** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 025

If the orange sign wasn't enough of a clue that I was in the right spot...this was!
** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 015

This is "FishVixen" or Ursula, our chapter leader and hostess for our first meeting! If you look to the right of the picture, Ursula's left you'll see a bunch of donations that were given to out to folks. Everyone left with something and most with several things!
** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 017

Some more Virginia folks! (Next 3 photos)
** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 007

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 013

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 008

Last edited by jb1edlover on 1/9/2011, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a line)
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 9:50 pm

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 018

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 021

This is a couple of chunks of holey rock that were given away..
** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 016

Well that pretty much describes some of the events! The good news for me is since I took all the pictures I'm not in any of THEM!!!!

One of the JB's!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 10:35 pm

JB there were a couple cameras your mug is going to show up eventually! lol! AND yes I wore my vintage fishie dress.,......
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 11:33 pm

What was the final head count.....I think I counted 19....but I might have missed one or two in passing. Also the Chili was great nothing better on a cold day than chili yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 11:37 pm

Well I know 12 participated in the auction. but some people had already left by that time. and some who were there did not participate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/10/2011, 3:05 am

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Thevagangholeyrock-1

one of my wins boy I needed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime1/10/2011, 6:41 am

I want everyone to know that George (elrollo) was a great help and support putting this all together so don't just thank me you all made it a success. Does anyone have skills to make and print fliers for the next meeting? We need them proofed and printed as soon as possible so our March meeting can be even more successful than our first meeting. Please send me a PM if your able to assist in this endeavor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **   ** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm ** - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

** Va Chapter meeting January 9th @2pm **
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next