UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **

Go down 
+13
snoskiur
dnphillips08
BFinley
parkmond131
TankGirl
strikingthematch
zeashness
Cichlid Lover
KMX
Ben
Flippercon
Jd.
D'Claro
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Empty
PostSubject: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 2:44 pm

The next meeting of the Central Virginia Chapter will be on

Sunday, October 2 at 2:00 PM

Place:
The home of member
TankGirl.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** 2009-77
Here she is!

This will be our
FALL Kick-Off Meeting!

Burgers! * Hot Dogs! * Side Dishes!
Enjoy a burger from the grill and relax around the
*** OUTDOOR CHIMNEY *** on the deck, where a cozy fire will be lit just in case we have cool weather.

*** SWAP! ***
Got something you don't need anymore?
Got too many fry?

Then bring it to the Swap!
[Details on page 4 of this thread.]

Meet up with other area hobbyists and renew acquaintance with old friends.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** 240563 Talk fish all afternoon! It's a great time. Start planning now and SAVE THE DAY!

---------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO GET THERE:

For details and directions to TankGirl's house,
please
pm TankGirl or Ben.

Note: the address will NOT be posted here; please pm TankGirl or Ben to get it. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** 553930
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you can make it!
Central Virginia Chapter
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** 102652
DON'T MISS IT!

Last edited by D'Claro on 9/26/2011, 2:33 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : to update information.)
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 3:31 pm

I will try to make it maybe drag dan and flippercon with me : )
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 6:28 pm

I'm willing to go but who is driving? I will have to do water changes on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 7:45 pm

You 2 have to come anyway.

I look forward to seeing everybody again.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 12:18 am

It would be great if you two could make it, Flippercon and Jd !

Striking and Zeashness have been to the last two meetings and jb1 came to the first meeting. All Tidewater folks are MORE THAN welcome! welcome
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 7:31 am

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 1:45 pm

I'll be there if it dosen't snow. haha
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 2:39 pm

It's about time a new meeting was decided! Hopefully we'll be able to make it. I need to find out about whether or not I need to fly home around that time (older sister having major surgery). Otherwise I imagine we'll be there. Mostly because I don't want to be square. ;)
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 4:48 pm

Square!? I am happy trying not to be too round!

Anyways I can't pass up some good burger and dogs! Hopefully we will see a good turn out!
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 4:53 pm

Cichlid Lover wrote:
I'll be there if it dosen't snow. haha
*LOL!* lol!

Ash, hope your sister does well and recovers quickly. It would be great to see you and striking again! dance

striking wrote:
Hopefully we will see a good turn out!
Hope so! There are some folks who don't post here that I can invite by email.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 4:52 pm

Have just heard that all of our organizing committee will be able to make the meeting! YAY! yes
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 6:17 pm

Are you going to be making a list of what kind of fish ppl want others to bring since I will sell most of my fish or give away free , I mean how are you supposed to make ben pay for fish when he asks for them with big puppy dog eyes haha
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 6:30 pm

You know, we have some catfish we could get rid of. Yours for free Ben, if you can fish them out with your bare hands at the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 6:46 pm

LOL. You people and catching fish. As long as Flipper is around to help me Ill take the challenge of catching them.

Let me know what kind of catfish and I'll let you know if I have room. Jd that is definitely the first time I've heard of me using puppy dog eyes. But hey if they work I'll use them.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 6:52 pm

I'm looking forward to it!

I want to let everyone know that I have two large dogs, but they are extremely well behaved and will be kept out of the way in case someone might be bothered by their presence. I'll vacuum thoroughly in case anyone has dog allergies as well sick

I also have a cockatiel and a snake, but those will have to be allowed to run free.... Just Kidding! lol!

Everyone bring some sort of side dish or dessert, and whatever beverage you want

We'll kick off the fall and restart our engines for our future SERIOUS club meetings! ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** 393849
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 6:56 pm

I think a few regular plecos (but they have some really nice patterns), and then a stripped Rafeal catfish. They were rescues and I keep pushing Chris to get rid of them because they're taking up space that could be used for our fry. I like rescuing. However, I feel like once we get them in healthy condition, unless we really, really, really like them, it's best to give them to someone who can truly appreciate them.

I want to let everyone know that I have two large dogs, but they are extremely well behaved

So not like ours LOL. Ours are still pups though, and still learning their size. They just love people a little TOO much. But they're getting there. What kind of dogs are they?

I'm not doing the fish cookies this time. Love you guys, but they take like 5-6 hours to do between cooking and then glazing them, and it sucks. I'll try and bring something else just as awesome though.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:02 pm

Sorry but you aren't allowed without the Angel cookies. jk

I am not really interested in any big plecos sorry. I do have a friend that just lost his rafeal and I think he would definitely love to have another one. If not I can home it.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:05 pm

Sounds good to me. I'll make a note on my calendar for us to bring that. Let us know too if any of you guys are interested in any Silver/Double Dark Angel fry, or Red Zebra Cichlid fry.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:11 pm

I will hopefully have a couple bags of ABNP with me. Not sure what size they will be because they are growing at totally different rates.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:15 pm

zeashness wrote:

I want to let everyone know that I have two large dogs, but they are extremely well behaved

So not like ours LOL. Ours are still pups though, and still learning their size. They just love people a little TOO much. But they're getting there. What kind of dogs are they?

They are a 1.5 yr old bullmastiff and a ~4 yr old great dane that we think is a mix, so we call him "nearly great" dane. This is them recovering on the deck after a recent bath.

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Major_Sirius
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:19 pm

Oh my gosh, two of my favorite breeds. I love our dogs to death, but man, what I wouldn't do to have a Mastiff, especially an English one.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:30 pm

Im terrified of dogs but luckily I got one that looks like a wolf since there so less scary hahaha
Japanese Akita , she is mean looking I guess but is such a sweetie : )

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** IMG_0055-1

If you got any blue eye albino bn pleco I WANT SOME OF THOSE. I really want to get rid of some jack dempsey fry because at the moment I have 4 spawns ...... horny little fish imo
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:36 pm

she is mean looking I guess but is such a sweetie : )

Seriously. I've never seen such a well behaved, friendly puppy.

Wish we had the room for more Jacks. Our one spawned again not too long ago, and now we have 3 breeding pairs of Angels, along with the Rams we bought from you. I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I almost feel like we need more tanks LOL (apparently 28ish isn't enough now!).
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:50 pm

zeashness wrote:

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I almost feel like we need more tanks LOL (apparently 28ish isn't enough now!).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FISH NERDS
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:51 pm

Jd she is beautiful! I love akitas and hope to have one someday. You don't see too many of them around here - ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** 393849

What kind of dogs do you have, Ashley?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next