UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **

Go down 
+13
snoskiur
dnphillips08
BFinley
parkmond131
TankGirl
strikingthematch
zeashness
Cichlid Lover
KMX
Ben
Flippercon
Jd.
D'Claro
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

The next meeting of the Central Virginia Chapter will be on

Sunday, October 2 at 2:00 PM

Place:
The home of member
TankGirl.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 2009-77
Here she is!

This will be our
FALL Kick-Off Meeting!

Burgers! * Hot Dogs! * Side Dishes!
Enjoy a burger from the grill and relax around the
*** OUTDOOR CHIMNEY *** on the deck, where a cozy fire will be lit just in case we have cool weather.

*** SWAP! ***
Got something you don't need anymore?
Got too many fry?

Then bring it to the Swap!
[Details on page 4 of this thread.]

Meet up with other area hobbyists and renew acquaintance with old friends.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 240563 Talk fish all afternoon! It's a great time. Start planning now and SAVE THE DAY!

---------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO GET THERE:

For details and directions to TankGirl's house,
please
pm TankGirl or Ben.

Note: the address will NOT be posted here; please pm TankGirl or Ben to get it. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 553930
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you can make it!
Central Virginia Chapter
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 102652
DON'T MISS IT!

Last edited by D'Claro on 9/26/2011, 2:33 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : to update information.)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 7:51 pm

Jd she is beautiful! I love akitas and hope to have one someday. You don't see too many of them around here - ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 393849

What kind of dogs do you have, Ashley?
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 8:17 pm

Meh, we're big nerds in general. It's only fitting that fish be included into that equation.

What kind of dogs do you have, Ashley?

We have an almost 10 month old German/Australian Shepherd female and an almost 2 year old Flat-coated Golden Labrador retriever mixed male. They're like the exactly opposites in terms of energy (Paige is always ready to play, Buddy could die happy just laying around all day). And they both have opposite quirks as well. Paige likes to jump when she meets someone new (which we're working on), but she doesn't bark at strange dogs/people when we go on walks, but Buddy does (which we're also working on lol), and he only jumps on Paige. They're the best of friends though, and are never separate from eachother.

Last edited by zeashness on 9/5/2011, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 8:29 pm

I must say that Akita was one of the most well behaved dogs I have ever been around.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 8:36 pm

Haha thanks she is pretty chill but she has a hard time listening since her breed is so stinking independent.

Well if anyone wants any of the fish in this video hit me up and ill bring them to the meet.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Th_73e91e2a
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Peacock's & Haps for watching, "Flounder for eating" Yum

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 8:15 am

Hey all,

If anyone has an Mbuna tank I have a few Rusty and OB's I can bring. No Ben I said I have OB's not BO funny

JD what kind of fish do have? I'm setting up a Peacock, Hap tank.

HAG1 all!!!

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 9:52 am

parkmond131 wrote:
Hey all,

If anyone has an Mbuna tank I have a few Rusty and OB's I can bring. No Ben I said I have OB's not BO funny

HAG1 all!!!

usafishbox
How big are your rusties?
Im thinking of getting rid of the metriaclima pulpican I have and replacing with something else.
JD dont sell that blue just yet. I think I might take it and put HER in my 125 with the other 7. Just have to sell my arm or leg first.LOL
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 11:20 am

Flippercon wrote:
parkmond131 wrote:
Hey all,

HAG1 all!!!

usafishbox
How big are your rusties?
Im thinking of getting rid of the metriaclima pulpican I have and replacing with something else.
JD dont sell that blue just yet. I think I might take it and put HER in my 125 with the other 7. Just have to sell my arm or leg first.LOL

I would say about 2 1/2 some give some take.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 11:26 am

I have 4 of them in my tank not to sure on the sex of them but I know one is a female, the other 3???? Im thinking they are all females because nothing has happened since i Stripped the last female. If I make it I would like to get a male from ya.
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 11:57 am

Flippercon wrote:
I have 4 of them in my tank not to sure on the sex of them but I know one is a female, the other 3???? Im thinking they are all females because nothing has happened since i Stripped the last female. If I make it I would like to get a male from ya.

OK, done deal!!!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 12:30 pm

parkmond131 wrote:

A bunch of Jack Dempsey fry , Honduran red points , nics , angels "variety" + plat pearl scales , LFEB rams , 1 red terror , 1 6" + ebjd , 1 breeding pair of bgjd and ummm maybe a bunch of random fish lol
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 12:39 pm

Jd. wrote:
parkmond131 wrote:

A bunch of Jack Dempsey fry , Honduran red points , nics , angels "variety" + plat pearl scales , LFEB rams , 1 red terror , 1 6" + ebjd , 1 breeding pair of bgjd and ummm maybe a bunch of random fish lol

Thanx, I don't think they would do well with my Peacocks and Haps. I have a rescue Jack that I'm trying to get rid of.

JB
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 2:34 pm

If anybody wants to come pick me up I'll come!I'm not too far from anyone! lol! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 3:21 pm

BFinley wrote:
If anybody wants to come pick me up I'll come!I'm not too far from anyone! lol!
If you take the train to the Staples Mill station (RVR) someone will pick you up - I promise! cheers
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 3:53 pm

OK, now to backtrack a little to before where we started posting pictures of dogs - *LOL* - I need to mention that at this meeting we will NOT be holding the usual auction ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 455499 As fun as they are, we want this meet to be more low-key and social. SO ...

The organizing committee has decided to hold an old-fashioned SWAP ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 998851 like the one we had at the first meeting (January 9, 2011. Check out the old thread, those of you who missed the meet.)

The way it works is we all bring something (or a couple of things) we don't mind giving away. Big or small, it needs to be something you would willingly give to an aquarium buddy if they needed it. $$$ Some of the items we had at the first swap were things like a half bag of aragonite sand, bags of fish (different kinds), an aquarium heater, bunches of floating plants in separate bags, a couple good-size pieces of holey rock, cans of fish food, a medium driftwood bolted to slate, and other things along these same lines.

Everyone at the meeting gets to pick a number - we used numbers 1 - 20 and picked from a bucket. The numbers were called in order and when your number was called, you picked whatever you wanted from the display of goods. It was a lot of fun, I still remember it. Believe me, it's fun to pick something for yourself but it's even more fun to have someone pick what you brought and say how much they like it or need it. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 393849

It's a fun, and very social activity which I think we'll all enjoy.

Just ask if you have any questions about this swap.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 772341
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 4:12 pm

D'Claro wrote:
BFinley wrote:
If anybody wants to come pick me up I'll come!I'm not too far from anyone! lol!
If you take the train to the Staples Mill station (RVR) someone will pick you up - I promise! cheers

I'll be your taxi and pick ya up, no prob.

JB
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 4:25 pm

Wish I could be there!Take some pics or video and post it for us.Have fun! ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 4:43 pm

I will try to make it up there! I think I have a few lights for 48" tanks I could bring up or something. We'll see what the Navy has in store for me when I get back to VA and I'll have a clearer answer then.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 10:23 am

So I got a call yesterday from my older sister about major hip surgery she's having done tomorrow, and would like me to come home during the end of her recovery period, so I'm not going to be able to make it to the meeting. Striking should be available to still attend, though I'll leave it up to him. :(
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 10:32 am

Sorry you arent going to be able to make it up. Hope everything goes well with your sister and she has a fast recovery.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 10:40 am

Well it's a precursor to another major surgery (having her hips replaced), although that one shouldn't hopefully be for another year or so. I guess she was born with her hip bone being too large for the socket or something? And she's been working on becoming a professional ballroom dancer, and her hips have just been giving out recently. Turns out the bone has been wearing away at the cartilage, and she now has the hips of an 80 year. Really sucks since she's only 30. But she's getting that all cleaned out tomorrow, but she's going to be bed bound for like a week, and then on crutches/cane for about a month, and I'm basically going home for 2 weeks to keep her sane lol. Normally I visit for a vacation twice a year, but I can't really call this a vacation lol.

So Striking gets to take care of allllllll of our many animals for 2 weeks. :) But going to this fish meeting should be a nice break for him. :)

Last edited by zeashness on 9/7/2011, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 11:02 am

I'm so sorry to hear that such a young woman has to go through this, but her youth will mean a quicker recovery, hopefully. We'll miss you!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 2:05 pm

I want some congo tetras ... if anyone has some there getting rid of or they breed them , bring them and I will take them from you.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 2:23 pm

Wish I could get a big school of them going and have a few breed. At nearly $10 a pop even a school of 5 is expensive haha.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 3:18 pm

I havent even seen any congo tetras around here recently.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 3:21 pm

Last time we were at AJ, they had several of them. I was tempted to get some too. Very pretty fish.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 3:39 pm

Azalea Aquariums had some recently but the price tag was high, about $10 each, like striking says. They need a fairly big aquarium, too, and they can be aggressive. A cheaper way to do it is get diamond tetras. They look a bit like mini-Congos, and they get along pretty well with other fish. *lol*

Altho' where can you get diamond tetras lately? Last time I saw them was at Perfect Pets on Broad Street and they just closed up! For good. :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next