UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)

Go down 
+9
jaiko1975
Marlboro Red
pillierox1
-3de-
discusmike
dano
snowflake311
kleankord
alan j t
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 12:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

hey all,
as you know i have gotten lucky enough to have spawned discus in my community tank a few times.
seems like that was the easy part. the hard part is raising them to young juvies. or so i read.
so heres the start of it all.
trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 100_4637

Last edited by alan j t on 11/22/2010, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/13/2010, 5:24 pm

Not so....................Just like people, things that bother one may not bother anyone else.......If it were me I would be checking things.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/13/2010, 5:47 pm

Okay but wont be able to until midnight, but she seems fine, eating swimming along but ill.check out things, all my other fish look great as well so idk.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 7:15 pm

mo eggs again, in both tanks. ALOT this tiime.
i put some stuff for the eggs this time. so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 7:30 pm

i hope it works out for ya!!!!
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 9:18 pm

Woo hoo. Keep the water clean and it should not be a problem.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/16/2010, 5:33 pm

so finally got alot of wrigglers this time.
i cant believe it.
im suppose to remove a parent so they dont quarrel and eat the fry.IDK.
trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 100_4690-1-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/16/2010, 5:41 pm

Let them be, see if they will both be good parents. If one eats the wiggler you will know to pull that one ext time.
I do know that both parents raising them is easier on the adults than just one doing all of the work.

p.s. looks like your in the lead crazy
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

Favorite Fish: : Discus..

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 6:49 pm

alan j t wrote:
so finally got alot of wrigglers this time.
i cant believe it.
im suppose to remove a parent so they dont quarrel and eat the fry.IDK.

Wow, thats great!
How are they doing?
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 6:55 pm

still wigglin!!!!!
daily W/C 50%
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 6:56 pm

Nice! Best of luck!!
trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:00 pm

AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:08 pm

KOOL BEANS ALAN, Keep up the great job.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 11:09 pm

Wowzer !
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 5:28 am

free swimming just started tonight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 7:13 am

trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 8:15 am

Congrats!
fish
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 12:01 pm

Wooo hoo I knew it was just a matter of time. Can't wait for photos. If all goes well I might want a baby :)

Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 3:02 pm

so the sponge filter is not in the tank for now.
the fry was attached to it so it is in another tank for now. so is the breeding slate.

the tank is bare. only an an air stone.i took out half the water with a small gravel vac hose. the hose has a small diamater hole so i could vacumm the bottom of the tank. the parents food leaves some stuff on the floor. the tank is spotless. i used
a white bucket when i chaged water, so if i suck up any fry i could spot them, i got one, the are soo nosey.
once the sponge filter and slate were removed all the fry went to the parent, maybe 2 fry were lost.

i have water aging in my drum. the PH only goes up .2 but it still matters.
i found 2 dead fry probaly from starvation. the light is on 24hrs a day so the parent can see the fry n vise versa.

i have de-cap BBS on hand, i bouhgt it on e-bay. so no shells to mess up the water
or fry can choke on shells.

100 fry! WOW!!
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 5:12 pm

gotta have pics
trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 100_4692

trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 100_4691
trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 6:26 pm

Alan......Absolutely great....I am very happy for you.......I always loved watching my Discus and Angel Fish caring for their young.....Long ago when I was trying to make a buck from breeding fish, I would always pull the eggs and rear them away from the parent fish....After I quit breeding, I would just let the parent fish take care of the fry and let nature take it's coarse.

Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 6:43 pm

cheers That's sooo cute!!! Definatly keep us updated and take lots of pics!!!!

Now if my pair would get their act together... Suspect
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 12:10 pm

alan j t wrote:
gotta have pics
:

Very nice!
drool
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 12:13 pm

alan j t wrote:
gotta have pics
trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 100_4692

trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 100_4691
trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 690297 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353 trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 265353

good
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 6:47 pm

nothing new to add. tank is still half full. also no filter still.
i just came home from work so i filled it up and drained to half again.
the parents put out soo much mucus its all over the tank. the water is turning a little white. so i need to wipe down the inside of the tank with a paper towel. the whole tank.
i still suck up fry but, they end up in my 5 gal bucket for observation till i dump it.
found a couple of more dead fry. dont know why.
it seems like i have more than 100 fry present.

this is alot of work. its not hard, but ya cant slack off.
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 7:30 pm

Sometimes no news is good news..

If you need a loaner tank to move them into a little later I have a 20 gal if ya need it.

Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 7:54 pm

sounds, good thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)   trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trying to breed discus (PIC HEAVY)
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next