UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Thinking of doing saltwater tank

Go down 
+5
plantedtankdude
cwhip
KMX
Meredith
pillierox1
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

Thinking of doing saltwater tank - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of doing saltwater tank   Thinking of doing saltwater tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/4/2011, 3:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thinking of buying this 29 gallon biocube, it doesn't include the light so I'll have to buy that. I'm thinking of a pair of black occelaris down fish, and something else, some cleaning shrimp and wat not, and couple of anonome for the clowns to choose from. Wat do yawl think. Oh my biggest questions is how to do water changes maintenance and all the info I will need to care for the fishys.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of doing saltwater tank   Thinking of doing saltwater tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/6/2011, 1:14 pm

Wen I have my loan money on the 12th, I'm sort of happy but sort of wat am I getting myself into lmao.
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of doing saltwater tank   Thinking of doing saltwater tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/6/2011, 4:00 pm

cwhip wrote:
use RO/DI water or Distilled if you can't make your own, you can also buy it from your LFS. get a good salt mix like Instant ocean or Reef crystals, then pick up a good Hydrometer or refractometer these are more accurate and more expensive, mix the salt and RO/DI water in a 5 gallon bucket using a power head making sure its dissolved" I mix mine a day ahead of time" then use your Hydrometer to test your salinity 1.024 is a good spot to shoot for always test the Hydrometer with plain RO/DI water 1st to make sure its calibrated to 0. I dont use a heater to heat the water this time of year but I do in the winter. your goal is to match the salinity and temp of the water thats in the tank. on a 29 gallon BC you will do 3 gallon water changes so syphon 3 gallons out and put the new 3 gallons back you will want to do water changes weekly. I dont think a Bio Cube 29 has a skimmer or filters on it unless the previous owner modified it. you will need very strong lighting to keep anemone and with strong lighting comes heat . does the tank have a lid? post pictures when you can. the biggest issues with setups like this is they tend to over heat easily with the lid shut and having the lid shut also hinders gas exchange.

I agree!! I use a 20 gallon trash can marked in 5 gallon increments and pump the water in to the tank with a small pump. You should have some extra saltwater mixed up in case of emergencies. Keep an air stone in it to help mix it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of doing saltwater tank   Thinking of doing saltwater tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking of doing saltwater tank
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2