UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Show off your tank....or tanks.

Go down 
+24
ilicurtisili
Rachael0805
chicknefoot87
TanyaQ2000
Barb Okla
bmrdixon
ronnied
OldTanks
snowflake311
JMatthew
Miller09
hydrodmg
CSnyder00
nitty
lgsasquatch
h0ngkn0t2
germanreds
philuponthepho
dhawk52
CajunGator
nick a
S&FW_FishyFriend
JACK D
KMX
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/7/2009, 11:59 am

First topic message reminder :

I want to see pics of everyones tank or tanks. Post them here.

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 265353

yes
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/9/2009, 10:44 pm

Fern wrote:
That's my air line. I just have stub outs with several reducers to the regular tubing size.

So you are just running your lines thru there so they are not on the floor and what not? Its several diffrent pumps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2009, 7:25 am

Just one pump. The PVC is my air line I just have stub outs for the smaller tubing to connect to.
My blower is in the cement dog house for weather protection. Its outside.
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 DSCN0949
These are the drop downs from my main air line with the reducers to go to standard sized hose.
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 DSCN0948
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2009, 8:02 am

hmmm nice. I might do mine similiar to that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2009, 5:45 pm

Well if you ever want a large blower let me know I have a few spares.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2009, 6:58 pm

I have one that is decent ..pushes around 40 tanks. Might upgrade later.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 5:09 pm

my fishy tank, breakfast is served... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuASYqBxlAk
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 5:43 pm

omg, yall are crazy with fish haha. Are you sure your not running a fish store in your kitchens, basements, backyards, etcv.? I am quite frankly jealous though. If I had the money I would run something like that too. Any tank that I've found to be super cheap or free I've taken, which has only been two ten gallons, 20 gallon, and a 55 gallon.

You guys could always sell cheap stuff for me. I am a poor college student and I love fish.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 5:55 pm

You are starting early....thats good! Soon you will have more tanks then fingers....then fingers and toes... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 5:56 pm

here are pics of my 90 and some of the stuff in it. sorry in advance for the lousy pics my cell phone takes and the scratched up condition of my front glass.

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 90pic110

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 90pic210

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Clownf10

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Clownf11

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Fish110

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Fish210
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 5:57 pm

Nice. I bet the fish love all that rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 6:03 pm

that piece of "rock" behind teh second pic of the fish is actually a galaxia coral i got from the LFS to try and save it's life. it looks 100% better than it did when i got it but considering how much was dead i would have been impressed if only 1 or 2 pollyps made it but there are alot more than that, but htey are spread out over that big chunk. i have considered doing a little trading of it or selling it so that someone could get it and frag it and grow it out ( i dont have the means to frag it myself right now.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 7:50 pm

I think it is safe to say the fish freaks are def here...
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 8:01 pm

I'm glad I started a thread that everyone could talk about something.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 9:07 pm

What is the best way to stack rocks to make lots of hiding places? Or, how do I create hiding places for a 3in Texas Cichlid being chased around by a 7in convict?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 6:15 am

Very carefully! Stacking rocks is kind of trial and error. You want to make sure they wont get knocked over and kill fish.
Have you thought of using terra cotta plant pots? No stacking involved on those funny
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 12:42 pm

Fern wrote:
Very carefully! Stacking rocks is kind of trial and error. You want to make sure they wont get knocked over and kill fish.
Have you thought of using terra cotta plant pots? No stacking involved on those funny

I've tried them before, but my convict is just small enough to be able to squeeze into them and beat the cr@p out of my Texas Cichlid. I was thinking of housing him in a 20 gallon until he is big enough to fight back, but I'm scared he will eat all of my 500 guppies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 12:45 pm

Lean a rock so its partially blocking the entrance. Or just get another tank lol!
Back to top Go down
germanreds
Private First Class
Private First Class
germanreds

Favorite Fish: : Tropheus Duboisi Maswa's

PostSubject: a few trophs   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 2:41 pm

[img]Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 103_1977[/img]
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 2:42 pm

Love the Fronts and the Trophs.
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 4:48 am

My newest tank... my Cichlid tank!
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 2mngfax

I still need to do some more aquascaping!
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 6:15 am

Cichlid tanks are cool! Nice tank!!!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 6:22 am

philuponthepho wrote:
What is the best way to stack rocks to make lots of hiding places? Or, how do I create hiding places for a 3in Texas Cichlid being chased around by a 7in convict?

How about rocks with holes that the 3in can get into but the 7in cannot. You can buy lava rock and drill 4inch holes to make caves...use a 3/4" or 1" drill bit and keep shaving the outside until the get the size/shape desired. Then you don't have to be scared of rocks falling over and killing your fish, AND the rocks are light!

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 IMG_0013

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 IMG_0023
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 9:34 am

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 858205 That should solve your issues Phil
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 12:14 pm

good idea, never thought of that. I have a bunch of solid foot long pieces of limestone in my tank but it doesn't provide any hiding spaces at all. thanks alot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 12:23 pm

Take some pics and let us know how it works out!
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 1:33 am

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Cichli17
My cichlid tank
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 The_ki14
my 120 salt water
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show off your tank....or tanks.
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next