UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Show off your tank....or tanks.

Go down 
+24
ilicurtisili
Rachael0805
chicknefoot87
TanyaQ2000
Barb Okla
bmrdixon
ronnied
OldTanks
snowflake311
JMatthew
Miller09
hydrodmg
CSnyder00
nitty
lgsasquatch
h0ngkn0t2
germanreds
philuponthepho
dhawk52
CajunGator
nick a
S&FW_FishyFriend
JACK D
KMX
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime10/7/2009, 11:59 am

First topic message reminder :

I want to see pics of everyones tank or tanks. Post them here.

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 265353

yes
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
nitty

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 10:33 pm

Very nice
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 10:53 pm

that's awesome - your husband's very good - have a woodtick too - he's rebuilt 2 of the stands i've gotten but had to make the first stand from scratch as the bottom had to accomodate my late son's turantula tank - i'll post pics as soon as i get the 42 up and the fish all moved around - the 55 will be later on when i figure out where to put it (debating about trading my queen bed for a twin size bed so i can put in my bed room - LOL) - now i just need him to start working on canopies for the 42 and for the 55 (the 22 and 25 have eclipse tops) - going to take him to a LFS to get ideas of what i want and which way they should open and lighting mount up - any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 11:21 pm

Very nice. good All cichlids?
Back to top Go down
Barb Okla
Private First Class
Private First Class
Barb Okla

Favorite Fish: : FreshWater Cichlids of all regions! not picky.. yet..

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 11:40 pm

The top hoods open like this using piano hinges 2x per top hood. one in front, one behind and side hinges 2x per to hold it open..The smaller front pannel I use for feeding: It takes two ppl to totally remove these hoods to get to the filters weekly! I can do the 29 gal alone, but not put it back up! they are heavy!!

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 HoodsUP1209003x10c

The main top open:
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 HoodsUP1209006x10cl

Closer look at the hinges and how he constructed the hoods to make sure they did NOT warp:
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 HoodsUP1209013x10
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 HoodsUP1209008x10cc

The bottom opens up wide as I do have emperor filters that need to come out and they are deep,so that is why they are so tall. As these are so close together, canisters where not an option..
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 TankRoomdone030x6

Those handles on the bottom tanks, help to hold the hoods up out of my way and U can see the bungie cords on the sides, that hook into them to hold them. WE couldnt' come up with another way and this works out great..
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 TankRoomdone031x6

The air pumps are a secound thought WHAT?? yea it happens,, and never got stained polyed, but they are up and under neath with the bottom tanks. I only need one air valve for the top tank.. Their is a place on each sides for each tank, but I found one pump with double outlet can do 2 tanks fine.. The lights are all under their too. Turned so I can click them on/off.. Each tank has its own power station too. Each one mounted on the sides inside above the bottom tanks.. Less confusing on what tank equip, I am unplugging!! but some stil labeled as black cords all look alike as I would unplug the filter, meaning to do the light!!
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 TankRoomdone028x4

O and have U ever wondered what to do with your nets?? Well I had the same problem, then:
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Nethangingtodry001x7

I had to take these images from my site! O what we do to show our tanks off!!

Last edited by Barb Okla on 12/13/2009, 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/13/2009, 1:32 am

awesome - thank you for sharing - great ideas on placement of equipment - never thought about placing the air pump inside the hood - very smart - very impressive set up - cheers Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 393849 thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/13/2009, 8:09 am

Love the setups!
Back to top Go down
Barb Okla
Private First Class
Private First Class
Barb Okla

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/13/2009, 10:29 am

OK added in the HOOD pics and others. ON my last set of pics posted.

Tonya, My airpumps are inside the cabnet and above the bottom tanks. lots of room underneath. U only need one air valve too, for the top tank.. The bottom one does not need it. Only the lights are in the top hood screwed in so they do not fall out. YES I had probs before we had to screw them in.. On a singe tank hood design, U can place the pump in their too, BUT they do vibrate so make some kind of cushion for them.. I use an old filter pad.

The wires are/were all in the way and messy looking, (fixed now, old pics) .. I tryed to tie them back, but the top hoods have to be removed to get to the filters. The light cord comes off with the hoods as the lights are secured into the top of the hoods, bottom are no prob, so I ran into half way off and could not go any further. Some cords are labeled so I know what to unplug!

NOT good as they weigh a ton it seems (especially the 75gal hood!) and U are doing this over your head! I unplug them and take them over the top and ancher them into the handles on front. this way I know they are unpluged and we can remove the hoods. I keep them taunt in back coiled up and tied to help them hide more and out of the way. THESE are OLD pics I am using so it looks messy.. Now the all looks like this with the wires bundled up:
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 HoodsUP1209031x10l

All of the tanks stay like this most days as it is easier to get to them. I close them for company to taking pics.
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 HoodsUP1209027x10c

IF these tanks were not so close to gether in such a tight place, U can just slide the hood forward to get to the filters. BUT hubby does not want a bunch of tanks around our NEW 52", so only the 125gal stays in the livingroom. AND my 35gal hex!

This Tank Room has been running since Aug 2005.. NOT many problems with meldew but the window does collect a lot of moisture and that has a tendency to do the mold. I keep it cleaned off with windex to kill it out weekly if not more often.. (hubby to cheap to get a dehumidifier!!) Funny!! He just now looked on LINE to see how much one cost!!
Other than that, it works out just great.. I also leave the window open on good days to help.. The room stays at 78% or lower humidity with the window shut. I have been waiting for a light rain to develope any time now!! LOL..

All have a great fish day!! Barb fish

Last edited by Barb Okla on 12/13/2009, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/13/2009, 11:05 am

thanks

on the top hoods, did he drill any air holes in the wood above the lites? concerned about the lites overheating. what would be the minimum amount of space between bottom of light fixture and top of tank?
Back to top Go down
Barb Okla
Private First Class
Private First Class
Barb Okla

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/13/2009, 11:24 am

Their is about 4 1/2 to the tank glass to the light ON the top tanks. BUT not a problem really as the back is open.. it is not all sealed up.. NO holes in these hoods!!

The lights actually help burn off the excess moisture, so it is a win/win deal. I have not seen the temp go higher in the bigger tanks with the lights on. The bottom tank lights are really up high, 13 1/2". so not a concern their.

I also just fill the tanks to just where the water is at the bottom of the top rim and NO more. once I hear the filters splashing more I know it is time to clean the tanks.. I also see more evaporation in the winter time with gas heating. could be the lights too..

Usually I just run one light per tank.. But the 29 double stand has only one light per tank.. Most times the bottom hood are always open/up.. IF the room gets to hot, I just leave the hoods open but not the very top ones. I leave the front one down.. Running a fan in the room helps too. I have cut off 1/2 of the heating vent to keep the temp down in the room.. that also helps..

My heaters are all at 76F but the fry tank is at 80F. they are in a bottom tank but only the 15gal so it does not heat up the room as bad as the others ones would if the temp was higher..
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/13/2009, 12:35 pm

awesome - husband saw and understands - thanks again for sharing and welcome to the site - you will definitely be a value to us FW freaks - have a good sunday
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 5:33 pm

My tropical fish tank

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Tropicalfish013

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Tropicalfish008

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 PICT0944

My tank on my desk at work.

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Iphonepics194

My betta tanks that hang on the wall.

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Iphonepics407

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Iphonepics408
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 6:34 pm

Love the Bettas and the set-up they're in.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 9:45 pm

Here are some pics of my tank and some close-ups of the fish in it. The last pic is of my elusive Jack, he is so dark he is hard to get a picture of. Hope you all enjoy.
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10311
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10312
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10313
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10314
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10322
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10315
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10316
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10317
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10318
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10319
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Sdc10321
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 10:46 pm

Thats alot of mean fish in a fish tank. Im surprised no ones dead. Awesome though!
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 11:48 pm

I know, we were wrongly informed about what fishes could be together but so far no fighting to the death. They have all accepted their place in the tank and pretty much mind their own business. The Red Terror and the Buttikoferi are the ones that butt heads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 8:06 am

Rachael, Your just gonna keep teasing me with pics of your Aro aren't you? I have wanted one sense I was a kid! Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 196631
Back to top Go down
OldTanks
USA Fishbox Sponsor
OldTanks

Favorite Fish: : http://photobucket.com/oldtanks

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 8:44 am

KMX wrote:
I want to see pics of everyones tank or tanks. Post them here.

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 6-Leg-Seahorse-Dolphin
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 12:31 pm

nitty wrote:

Yeah the bettas on the wall are cool :) The bowls were only like $20 online. Here is a picture of my living room with them on my wall.

Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 4742_1070528888066_1371428084_173868_5673061_n
Back to top Go down
Barb Okla
Private First Class
Private First Class
Barb Okla

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 7:25 pm

I like the betta wall hangs too!. neat Idea..

On OLD TANKS, that is an amazing tank!! I got on your page but NO prices!!

Do U sell them and are they really old or remakes?? I go for the remakes, I would not want an old tank, to many probs..

Here is my, WAS my best looking tank. the rocks now need to be bleached but stil a nice tank.. 55gal hybrid tank..
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 55galHYBRIDAug1809009x10c
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 55galHYBRIDAug1809005x10cs

The occupants are a zebra blend, so they came out light blue with dark blue patches. nice looking but stil hybrids. The white ones have a nice blueness to them, mostly with the flash on them.. and my sunshine peacock. Love his colors.. he is store bought..
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 55galHYBRIDAug1809005x6c
Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 55galHYBRIDAug1809007x6cc

I have others in this tank now, thinking of a Victorian hap tank as I have xmas fulu and a Flameback. dont' know what to do with my hybrids thou.. hummm. maybe wait until the golds go out to the pond come late April and then add the haps to the bottom 55 gal.. Ah the possibilities!!
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/18/2009, 1:33 pm

nitty wrote:

Thank you :) You can get those hanging bowls online for around $20. They look really cool!
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime12/18/2009, 1:39 pm

Rachael0805 wrote:
I know, we were wrongly informed about what fishes could be together but so far no fighting to the death. They have all accepted their place in the tank and pretty much mind their own business. The Red Terror and the Buttikoferi are the ones that butt heads.

When I worked at Petsmart I was the only one who worked in teh fish Dept who actually knew what I was talking about. I kept telling the other ppl if they didnt know to either look it up or tell the ppl they didnt know, not to give out wrong information if they weren't sure. It just ends up making ppl get frustrated with starting their new tank. But all they ppl I worked with were only 16 or 17, they stuck me with all the kids and expected me to teach them. Giveing wrong info is the WORST thing you can do! One of my co-workers actually told a women she coudl keep neons with her large angels! The angle ate all the tetras in one day! Teh woman came back and got a refund for ALL the eatten tetras...more money lost and worse poor little dead fishes...Idiot...
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 10:02 am

bump
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 10:15 am

nice tanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 8:34 pm

chickenfoot - I ran into that all the time as well. I had a worker tell a customer that catfish would eat poop. I told the customer that she would have to gravel vac to remove the poop. She opted to buy the catfish anyway. I hated that part of the job. No one wants to listen anyway.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/29/2010, 2:00 pm

bump.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime5/29/2010, 2:45 pm

dang everyone surely have posted some really nice tanks... Mmmm not one ugly tank YET!!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show off your tank....or tanks.   Show off your tank....or tanks. - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show off your tank....or tanks.
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next