UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

FILTERS.....

Go down 
+9
lgsasquatch
nirvana85
CSnyder00
snowflake311
hbluehunter
R2 Ranch
nitty
KMX
JACK D
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

FILTERS..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 7:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Whats your favorite freshwater filter? What do you use on multi tanks? Single filters or systems? Just curious. I have got a couple Emporer 400s recently & I am really digging them. I use a lot of old whispers with my own homemade filter cartirdges. I also have a Fluval 404 that I am not real fond of. Parts keep breaking, seems to clog pretty fast. What do ya think....
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 8:14 pm

Does anyone have a Catalina aquarium's canister filter? I got one for free and I just cant seem to figure it out.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 8:32 pm

Fern wrote:
Does anyone have a Catalina aquarium's canister filter? I got one for free and I just cant seem to figure it out.......

after doign a quick search for this filter i must say the images that came up makes me think it is a knock off (or cheap version if you will) of an eheim brand unit:

catalina unit:

http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/product_info.php?cPath=141&products_id=1625

ehiem units:

professional:

http://www.eheim.com/base/eheim/inhalte/index48cc.html?key=liniendetail_27523_ehen

professional 2:

http://www.eheim.com/base/eheim/inhalte/index6b28.html?key=liniendetail_27548_ehen

professional 3:

http://www.eheim.com/base/eheim/inhalte/index5522.html?key=liniendetail_27575_ehen

thermo filter:

http://www.eheim.com/base/eheim/inhalte/index8e81.html?key=liniendetail_27555_ehen

electronic:

http://www.eheim.com/base/eheim/inhalte/index8baf.html?key=liniendetail_28383_ehen

pick which one it looks most like LOL

with that said if it has a priming button on it i would say that it is a knock off of an eheim professional 2
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 9:37 pm

3x emperor 400
4x 30-60 aqua-tec
2x whisper ex 70
2x magnum 350 canister
12x penguin 100B
1x Rena XP3 canister
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 10:50 pm

I prefer canisters. On my 92 i am running an rena xp4
120 salt water xp3(temp) and a 150 wet/dry filter.
(want to upgrade to a refugium)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 2:20 am

lgsasquatch wrote:
I prefer canisters. On my 92 i am running an rena xp4
120 salt water xp3(temp) and a 150 wet/dry filter.
(want to upgrade to a refugium)

let me know if you are wanting to convert your wet/dry to a refugium and i will be more than happy to give you input on how to do it (it is really not hard at all)
Back to top Go down
nick a
Sergeant
Sergeant
nick a

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 7:51 am

CANS:
xP1 x 1
xP2 x 3
xP3 x 5

2250 x 2

HOBS:
HOT 250 x 1

AC50 x 5
AC70 x 5

EMP 280 x 6
EMP 400 x 10

Misc:
35+ hydro sponges (#3s & #4s)
15 mini air-driven HOBs
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 8:52 am

I have an idea of how to convert mine but when i finalyy get started on i will pm u and get your opinion on it.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 8:57 am

I love the Emp. 400 I have 3 of those...everything else is spoonge filter. ohh also my Fx5 on my show tank...pretty much a pool filter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 9:35 am

lordraptor1 wrote:
Fern wrote:

after doign a quick search for this filter i must say the images that came up makes me think it is a knock off (or cheap version if you will) of an eheim brand unit:

with that said if it has a priming button on it i would say that it is a knock off of an eheim professional 2

I know its a knock off. I got them for free one should work and the other the motor is dead on. I dissected the dead one and the 'priming' button seems to be just for looks.......... I think I just need to mess with it more.... I think it may be rated for 150g is the closest I could find on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 7:57 pm

lgsasquatch wrote:
I have an idea of how to convert mine but when i finalyy get started on i will pm u and get your opinion on it.

i will be more than willing to assist however i can, just let me know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 8:01 pm

Fern wrote:
lordraptor1 wrote:
Fern wrote:

I know its a knock off. I got them for free one should work and the other the motor is dead on. I dissected the dead one and the 'priming' button seems to be just for looks.......... I think I just need to mess with it more.... I think it may be rated for 150g is the closest I could find on it.

i would say look at eht eheim to see what it is rated for and then deduct 50gph (at least) from that and you might be in the ballpark of what the ca cannister is. i know ehiem makes good pumps but the pumps on the ca's will not be of teh same quality of the eheim units. IMHO free is good but on the same token i would prefer quality over pricei am guessing that the ca filter you have may be good for 75 to 100 gallon tanks but other than that i also have been unable to find any info.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 6:08 am

Still curious, I know we have got some new members... FILTERS..... - Page 2 393849
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 6:52 am

I use Penn Pax cascade canister filters, it works wonders on my 125, putting one on the new 90 once it comes in.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 8:46 am

I'm still using my Emp 400 and Fx5...everthing else is spoonge filter.
Back to top Go down
Incaico
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Fronts

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 8:58 am

For canisters I have eheims, rena xps, and magnums. Eheims are by far my favorite.

For HOB filters I've used marineland, aqua clears, whispers. Aqua clears are my favorite HOBs.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 9:08 am

i run emp 400s on most of my tanks. i love them but i am changing the media out all the time so i have recently pruchased a few FX5's i love these filters as i do not have to clean them out as much. i also have some sponge filters attached to powerheads, these filters are okay but i do not fell they clean as good as the emps or FX5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FILTERS.....   FILTERS..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FILTERS.....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2