UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)

Go down 
+19
Shaysfishys
istrober
jaiko1975
metrofish
discuskent
unknown
Jeepluv77
mike205
fishlady
Mlegion1988
CSnyder00
whisper
alan j t
jeaninel
BLimon
BFinley
CajunGator
Holey Rock of Texas
KMX
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How many aquarium plants do you have?
1. Zero
How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_lcap32%How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 32 ]
2. 1-5
How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 26 ]
3. 6-20
How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 20 ]
4. 20-50
How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 11 ]
5. to many to count
How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 101

AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 10:45 am

First topic message reminder :

How many REAL (not fake) aquarium plants do you have?

Do you think that plants can help keep Diseases and Disasters away?
Why are plants benifitial to our aquariums?

Vote! Also, Tell us why you have that many and if you don't have any tell us why. usafishbox
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 10:59 am

Lots of java, few pond plants of 2 species. Why I don't have alot of plants, tried it they were beautiful but having to buy more almost monthly because my cichlids who I love dearly DESTROY them got a lil' too spendy for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 11:03 am

Have you tried amazon swords with them?
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 11:34 am

My Chocolates made salad out of them! For the most part have tried all low light to med light plants over the years with them ending up trashed, do have a tank that is not technically planted put the java grows wild in that the next time I pull some out I'm going to try some plants in since those residents pretty much leave stuff where I put it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 11:37 am

Try feeding them more veggi matter in their food, it tends to help. If they are tearing up plants they are either not getting enough veggi or just plain bored......
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 11:39 am

They get a wide variety of foods think they do it just to screw with me!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 11:43 am

lol! That very well could be!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 11:43 am

i know the feeling my 6 inch pleco loves hort. eat it up but the plant growns so fast that it does not face it.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 11:48 am

have u tried lettuce? crazy
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 11:57 am

My 1 girl "Missus" will take the fake plants with heavy weights and put them at the front of the tank knowing it bothers me, I'll put them back where I had them, she'll wait until I sit down or get busy and she'll move them right back. So one day decided I'd see how many times she'd do this well low and behold dang near all day long!! That's why I say they screw with me!! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 12:01 pm

Sounds like they need some toys, PVC couplings and little plastic beach shovels are what I use.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 12:11 pm

She's got PVC, wiil have to try the shovel, ping pong balls work when "she's" in the mood. With that when I was culling a couple small fish yesterday they had dove right down to hide in the assortment of PVC couplings in that tank, she was like a excavator throwing them around looking for them it was hilarious she's more wet dog than anything LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 12:31 pm

Ya the beach shovels float, my flowerhorn pushes it all over the tank and sticks the handle around the filter intake.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 1:28 pm

I dont know how many or what kind, I got a shipment from Jill... lol! How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 2:57 pm

JACK D wrote:
I dont know how many or what kind, I got a shipment from Jill... lol! How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 265353
Man you got lots and all kinds lol! 3 kinds of ludwigia, crypt, amazon sword....... um anything that didn't have special needs got tossed in lol!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 3:08 pm

i want one..lol How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 3:39 pm

PM sent
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 4:02 pm

got it
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 4:15 pm

Fern wrote:
JACK D wrote:
Man you got lots and all kinds lol! 3 kinds of ludwigia, crypt, amazon sword....... um anything that didn't have special needs got tossed in lol!

Yes, yes I did crazy ...I was planting all afternoon sunday... lol! ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 4:35 pm

I bet your fish like them though!
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 5:03 pm

I bet I like em too... How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/14/2010, 5:35 pm

You need to post a few pics.....
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2010, 6:29 am

My new plants are a lil camera shy... lol!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2010, 6:39 am

do eny of you guys have snail problems in your planted tanks?
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2010, 7:04 am

Get some assasin snails, anotome helena, I think, if your snails are a problem... How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 393849 Mine keep the snails down...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2010, 9:24 am

Ya I have snails everywhere, I have watched mine crawl along the air lines into the next tank How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 196631
If you cant find assassin snails let me know I can get the for a decent price. They do a decent job once they get settled in.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/17/2010, 6:16 am

will they eat my apple snails?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)   How many REAL aquarium plants do you have?  (POLL) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many REAL aquarium plants do you have? (POLL)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next