UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SLAYERR34
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
SLAYERR34

I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER Empty
PostSubject: I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER   I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 11:31 pm

I JUST BOUGHT A USED NUTRAFIN PLANT DIFFUSER AND I DONT WANT TO BUY THE REFILL PACKETS I HEARD THAT THERE IS A CHEAPER WAY OF MAKING YOUR OWN ACTIVATOR POWDER DOES ANYONE KNOW??
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

PostSubject: Re: I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER   I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 11:56 pm

here is an article and here's the basic recipe...
"A SOURCE FOR CO2
The third step is to create CO2. I mix 3/4 cup sugar, 6 cups water and a pinch of yeast (roughly 1 teaspoon does the trick). The exact ratio of ingredients is not critical. For example, I use enough water to fill the bottle to about 3 inches from the top. You don't want to get the mixture too full, as the mixture may foam a bit, and you don't want the foam flowing into your tank.
Using the above mixture, I regularly get 10-14 days of strong CO2 production, at a rate of one bubble every 3-7 seconds. When the system stops bubbling (the drop in gas production is often precipitous), dump out everything and mix up a new concoction. "

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/co2-narten.html
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

PostSubject: Re: I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER   I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 11:58 pm

here's another
http://www.plantedtank.net/articles/DIY-Yeast-CO2/7/
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

PostSubject: Re: I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER   I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 11:59 pm

and another (different) recipe
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/diy-aquarium-projects/14453-diy-co2-guide-pictures-recipes.html
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

PostSubject: Re: I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER   I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER Icon_minitime7/30/2009, 12:00 am

and a link with more links
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/planted-tank-faq/23742-comprehensive-diy-c02-index-recipes-reactors.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER   I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER Icon_minitime7/30/2009, 6:07 am

Same concept as brewing shine. well at least the first step. Shine is a little more involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER   I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I JUST BOUGHT A PLANT DIFFUSER
Page 1 of 1