UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned

Go down 
+4
typicaltony
chicknefoot87
R2 Ranch
snowflake311
8 posters
AuthorMessage
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Empty
PostSubject: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 3:53 am

So I have had a hard Time keeping Cory cats. No matter what I did they would die I tried peppered, fake jullis, schwartz, all died. I think it had to do with the stock I was getting.

I have had 3 bronze and 3 albinos for a month now and yesterday I found eggs. So I'm feeling good about my Cory keeping skills. I got it figured out. So I bought 3 pandas. Omg they are so cute best little fish ever.

They are doing well I'm thinking of getting one more to make 4. They school together more then my others.

Anyone keep these guys. I will post some photos.
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 6:27 am

Congrats to you. Isn't a wonderful feeling when something goes right!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 7:36 am

Try to make it so you have a school of 4-5 of each kind. Do you have a current or bubbles for them to play in?
Congrats on the eggs. If you would like to raise the next batch I will be happy to help you.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 12:53 pm

The bronze and albinos are the same both Corydoras aeneus so I don't think I need more of them. I'm going to get one more panda. That will make 10 corys in a 20 gal 2footer. I was afraid I have too many in thier.

My blue acara who is just only in there till I find her a new home. Well she found the eggs today so they are all gone. I might try and raise them next time. Right now I have a broken arm so I don't feel like the extra work.

I hope my pandas spawn. It looks like I have a pair.

Corys are so much fun. I'm so happy I finaly got some good ones.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime12/18/2009, 12:08 pm

My panda corys spawned today. I'm so happy but I think my blue acara got the egg. I saw the panda holding it but my acara was lurking around them she eat all my bronze eggs.

I took my acara out so we will see what happens.
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime12/18/2009, 1:59 pm

I LOVE Panda Corys! They are the cutest type of cory ever! I hope youre do well. yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime12/19/2009, 4:46 pm

If you see them spawning get a new razor blade and use that to scrape the eggs off the side of the tank and stick them to the wall of a 10g to raise them (its a little tricky the first time but you will get the hang of it). If you ever need any help if you try to raise them don't hesitate to ask, I've raised quite a few batches of eggs.
Yes 10 corys in a 20g is a little much. If you do set up another cory friendly tank move a species or 2 of them and up all species ranks to 6. I have found they do best in groups of 6.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/1/2010, 4:09 pm

I have around 20 eggs I saved from my bronze Cory. How fast do the fry grow. When will they hatch in 2 days?
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/2/2010, 2:17 am

my panda and green's eggs hatched in about 5 days. they take awhile to grow out, so be patient.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/2/2010, 7:34 am

Congrats on all the spawns. new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/2/2010, 7:50 am

2-4 days for them all to hatch and they do take quite a while to grow out. Mine have taken along 6 mo to get to 1.25" or so.
Get yourself a clear turkey baster. Its the best way to clean the tank bottom with these guys.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 12:51 pm

I have 22 Corydoras aeneus fry and 5 panda fry. I'm so happy I found the pandas. I had to dig though the java moss but I found them. I'm so excited. I really wanted more pandas. I can't wait to see what my bronze look like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 1:11 pm

sounds like you have a kory farm going on lol

congrats, post some pictures when you can
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 1:35 pm

Yes congratulations! new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned 265353
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 2:04 pm

Here are my babies.
new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Coryfryeggs

new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Coryfry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/6/2010, 8:05 am

When the egg sack is gone start them on a combo of brine shrimp and crushed flake. Now that they have started spawning you should get eggs 2 days in a row every 1-2 weeks. Mine have always spawned early in the morning. Look at my topic called 'my cory saga' I even have spawning videos on there fish
Congrats on the fry
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/6/2010, 9:48 pm

they look cute
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/23/2010, 10:37 pm

Well I have lost 5 fry so far out of 30 all together. I even have 14 more newly hatched fry. My fry oldest fry are 19 days old. Here are some more photos.

6 days old
new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Coryfryweekold

11 days old
new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Cory11dayold
I will get another photo soon. They are so cute now. Since I pretty much have this raising fry thing down I'm going to try and breed my blue acaras again. One last time. My pair hate eachother but they spawn then turn on eachother. So we will see how that goes. Once I get these fry all grown and sold I will try my acaras again. Last time I was not ready and went on vacation so I lost them. But this time I'm ready and not going any where.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/23/2010, 10:43 pm

awesome!! i wish you better luck this time. keep the pics coming, i love seeing baby fish
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/23/2010, 11:02 pm

Here They are today at 19 days. I just took these photos. I have time to seeing that my daughter is sleeping.

new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Cory19days2

new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Cory19daysold
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/23/2010, 11:42 pm

very very cool. they look cute.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 12:27 am

good job hope u much luck they look huge already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 1:59 pm

affraid Is that java moss? You must have an awesome camera to get pics of them that close up!
I hope my thread helped you to avoid some of the mistakes I made lol!
They look good!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 11:20 am

how many panda fry do u have??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned   new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Panda corys bronze Cory spawned
Page 1 of 1