UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MOBANYLI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : FLASHING TILE-FISH, BLUE ZAIRE MOBA/KAPAMPA GIBBEROSA,POWDER BLUE TANG, ACHILLES TANG
1 90 GALLON MOBA TANK / 12 INCH BLUE BULB FOR NIGHT
1 30 GALLON SMALL SOFT CORAL / 12 INCH ACAN LED
1 125G ACRYLIC REEF WITH CENTER OVERFLOW
2 ACAN 24INCH LED'S

GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK Empty
PostSubject: GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK   GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK Icon_minitime11/8/2011, 11:41 am

HOW CAN I REMOVE SCRATCHES FROM MY TANK? Its driving me nuttso.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK   GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK Icon_minitime11/8/2011, 6:20 pm

You will have to buff them scratches out.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK   GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK Icon_minitime11/8/2011, 6:40 pm

You can buy kits online but there is not much to the kits to be honest. Pretty much very fine sand paper and then buff them out. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3883
Back to top Go down
MOBANYLI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : FLASHING TILE-FISH, BLUE ZAIRE MOBA/KAPAMPA GIBBEROSA,POWDER BLUE TANG, ACHILLES TANG
1 90 GALLON MOBA TANK / 12 INCH BLUE BULB FOR NIGHT
1 30 GALLON SMALL SOFT CORAL / 12 INCH ACAN LED
1 125G ACRYLIC REEF WITH CENTER OVERFLOW
2 ACAN 24INCH LED'S

PostSubject: Re: GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK   GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK Icon_minitime11/9/2011, 8:04 am

I did some research last night. I figured I would start with a higher # grade and work my way down. I started last night, just scared cause it sure as hell looks worse now. But a few people I spoke to said it will look worse but get better, if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK   GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK Icon_minitime11/9/2011, 8:11 am

The lower the number on the sand paper the more course it is. I would think the best way would be to work up. This is the same way you would finish something for polishing which will be the last step in the process.

I would start at no less then a 400 grit paper and work up till I was at 1800-2000 which feels more or less like paper and then attempt to polish it.

This video explains it pretty well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVso65M7ATw&feature=related
Back to top Go down
fishy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : its hard to choose just one

PostSubject: Re: GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK   GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK Icon_minitime1/19/2012, 6:29 pm

go with the sand paper up two 2000 then use the buffing compound that u can buy at alocal glass shop always works great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK   GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GETTING SCRATCHES OUT OF AN ACRYLIC TANK
Page 1 of 1