UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Found you on CL

Go down 
+8
Cichlid Lover
jb1edlover
Flippercon
KMX
Ben
natikah
Alton S
dnphillips08
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

Found you on CL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/3/2011, 11:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone, new to the forum and new to the area. I live in Chesapeake and hardly know anybody, it'd be great to get to meet some fellow "crazy" fish people. I found this forum via CL which was a pretty great idea to get it's name out. I usually stick to another forum but I am going to start figuring this one out.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:02 am

14:00 it is! Ok so you guys wanna meet near the big Sting-ray/Koi tanks in the front? I have to make the trip to get my daughters Parrot clipped (Wings/Nails). Looking forward to meeting some of you guys/gals.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:10 am

Ben wrote:
Hope yall can make it happen. Always glad to see more involvement in VA.

Found you on CL - Page 2 858205

Don't be affraid to make a 2nd Chapter if you are far from the other. The more the better!

Expand the hobby! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:38 am

The pond area sounds good. We can talk about another chapter for Hampton roads. Sounds like a great idea. We can work with the other Va chapter and have Bi-monthly or something if we can come to an agreemnet.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:41 am

Good thinking kmx! Could you send me some info on that? Pond area would work great.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:00 am

Flippercon wrote:
The pond area sounds good. We can talk about another chapter for Hampton roads. Sounds like a great idea. We can work with the other Va chapter and have Bi-monthly or something if we can come to an agreemnet.

No we are thinking! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:16 am

Yes we will need as much info as possible on requirements for chapters and responsibilties for members.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:28 am

Let's roll forward with it.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:42 am

A Chapter is created by one or a few people coming forward with the idea of expanding the hobby in there general area. The chapter leader/leaders are the ones who will decide everything. Who to have on the board committee, where the meets will be, everything. I will help in anyway I can but you all don't need much from me. Just tell me make a Chapter area on the fourm and we are good! If it goes well then kudos! if not then atleast we can say we tried.

To make it a success you must have knowlege on fish keeping and the hobby also must be dedicated and motivated, or it will never be anything.

We have many rescources to use and a great forum/club already backing VA up so I do not think it will be hard to start something new in that area. Some hard core people in that area also which will help a bunch!

You all let me know what to do. Im ready to roll! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:16 am

Cool either dnphillips08 or anyone else who is interested including myself will put a new thread in to promote the meet and greet. I heard of the postings on cl but never seen it. Are those just randomly posted to draw in or is there a ad you guys copy and paste?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:20 am

I can start a new area under the "local Chapters" and then you all can start a thread there. What about a name for the Chapter? VA Beach, Hampton? South VA?

As far as CL adds go we have a few people who post them but everyone has to be different b/c CL will not allow 2 of the same post. They must be a little different. If that is somethiing you would like to help with I ask you get with Ben. He does all the VA adds and he can give you an idea of what area he is covering.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:23 am

Sweet, thanks a bunch. The area is called Hampton roads which includes 7 cities in the area. So if all is in agreement I think the Hampton Roads chapter or tidewater chapter. Doesn't matter to me as long as everyone is in agreement. I will send Ben a pm and let him know about the cl listings .
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:29 am

When I get home from work I can post stuff, I'd say Tidewater.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:34 am

Tidewater does sound better.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:51 am

Sounds good everyone!
If we all interested in doing so I believe a sub/chapter centered around Hampton Roads/Tidewater area would be great. It would for most people mean no longer then an hour drive. I believe the long drive is the only thing that keeps people from attending the richmond meetings and with so many fish stores in the area I am sure we could pull many new members in from an active club close to home. Lets keep the brain storm going and see where it takes us!

Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:54 am

Virginia Tidewater Chapter of USA Fishbox? (VTC)
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:58 am

Tidewater would likely be our best bet because it includes almost all of of the major cities along the eastern boarder of VA
(Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News, James City County, Yorktown, Poquoson, Williamsburg , and Gloucester.)
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:15 am

Sounds great KMX. so it's started
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:26 pm

Hey guys Flippercon just texted me asking me to sign up I live in deep creak and have hung out with flipper quite frequently , I would love to join up with you guys but im not sure if I can make it saturday , due to a lot of company at the current moment. If I can make it to animal jungle on saturday would anyone want my red devil / midas not sure which since he/she is still decently small but it attacked my big blue dempsey so he has to go haha fish priority.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:28 pm

Welcome to the box Jd!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:30 pm

Networking is great. You know jd strikingthematch.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:48 pm

I sure do!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 3:28 pm

Welcome JD.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:28 pm

Hey you could always use "Hampton Roads" that's what this entire area is called anyway.

I'm not so sure breaking off yet and making our own group is a great idea yet... There are definately two seperate geographical locations so maybe it's a good idea down the road. It's an hour for me to drive and I'm on the Richmond side of things and I can't see them (richmond) folks driving down here, not to mention the traffic down here is a mother.... I'm totally with meeting up with folks and talking fish, but not sure about starting from scratch.... Can't wait to meet you guys and discuss this in person.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:32 pm

if anybody wants to chat about it we can use the chat thing
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:39 pm

jb1edlover wrote:
Hey you could always use "Hampton Roads" that's what this entire area is called anyway.

I'm not so sure breaking off yet and making our own group is a great idea yet... There are definately two seperate geographical locations so maybe it's a good idea down the road. It's an hour for me to drive and I'm on the Richmond side of things and I can't see them (richmond) folks driving down here, not to mention the traffic down here is a mother.... I'm totally with meeting up with folks and talking fish, but not sure about starting from scratch.... Can't wait to meet you guys and discuss this in person.
I agree to an extent but speaking with a few tidewater members the main problem with the (richmond) chapter is the drive up to richmond. Don't get me wrong it can be done but if we can get a good following it will be worth it. Kinda like owning a classic car. You can drive it on the weekends only, same with Richmond . I personally wouldnt be able to make it to all the meetings In Richmond but I would make the trip as often as possible. It's a work in progress. I also look forward to meeting everyone and sharing stories and ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found you on CL   Found you on CL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found you on CL
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next