UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

What do you feed your Cichlids?

Go down 
+9
2SciCrazed
nav_int2002
proyect01
strikingthematch
sUMcRAZYfISH
Alton S
KingBichir
CajunGator
Jstump
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Favorite Fish: : Metriaclima sp. "Msobo" Magunga

What do you feed your Cichlids? Empty
PostSubject: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/14/2011, 8:43 pm

I was just curious what everyone feeds their cichlids? I currently have some very fine pellets that I got from LFS but now that they are getting bigger I'm not sure if the pellets are too small.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/14/2011, 8:46 pm

I only use NLS sinking pellets............. from .5mm, 1mm, 2mm, 3mm for the various size fishy! they love it, and i get good results with it!

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/14/2011, 8:50 pm

How about spirulina flake? I was going to order some from kens fish
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/14/2011, 9:01 pm

yes thats awesome food also. many use his flakes...

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/14/2011, 9:11 pm

The pellets I have now are extra fine. My fish are about 1.5 in now, is flake food better or pellets?
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/14/2011, 9:26 pm

i feed all my fish spirulina flake, they love that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

Favorite Fish: : Lake Malawi Haps and Peas

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/14/2011, 10:19 pm

I use Omega Marine flakes with garlic. They seem to do well with this. But I am getting some samples to chage to an online store flake food too. The owner swears I will have better results and faster growth using it. So I am up to give it a try. Besides a 5 pound sample package is a sweet deal too!
Back to top Go down
sUMcRAZYfISH
Private First Class
Private First Class
sUMcRAZYfISH

Favorite Fish: : AFRICAN CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/15/2011, 10:47 pm

NLS!!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 5:34 am

NLS pellets. I just use the small pellets. All the cichlids seem to love it. Some people have trouble with larger fish not wanting to eat small pellets but in that case they make larger pellets!
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 8:46 am

What do you feed your Cichlids? 858205 with CG and once a week dry krill too What do you feed your Cichlids? 393849
Back to top Go down
nav_int2002
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 10:51 am

I feed my fish Spectrum Thera A+ and it is Awesome! It has helped tremendously with bringing out the color in my cichlids and they eat it all pretty quick. 1-1.5 min. I feed them the 1mm ones.
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 4:44 pm

Since mine are primarily mbuna herbivores - I mix 2/3 spirulina to 1/3 omega general cichlid flakes. Since I use a battery-powered feeder (they are in a classroom, sometimes I don't see them for a month!) I stick with the flakes as it recommends. I also place the gel 14 day feeders on the bottom for the snails, though the mbunas pick at it a little as well.

Variety is the key!
Back to top Go down
jon31072000
Private First Class
Private First Class
jon31072000

Favorite Fish: : Hillstream Loach

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 7:47 am

I also use NLS pellets. I give my cichlids a combo of 1mm and 2mm and it seems to satisfy them. I love throwing it in and watching them all swarm to the front of the tank. Only other food that has ever made them react like that is Plecocaine, which you can only get online, although I believe its like $11 for a pound of whatever size you want, and even mix sized, shipped, and he will work with you if you buy more. Only probem I have is my dog likes it too, so the bags he sends it in always come up missing... lol. Jon
Back to top Go down
montemike72
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : oscars, green terrors

PostSubject: food for cichlids   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 8:24 am

i use feeder fish, really small ones, and get a ton of them, sometimes i keep them in a dinky 10 or 20 gallon tank, but most times, i just dump about 4 to 8 dz, in with my 4 oscars ( 8 to 10 inches), and a jack dempsey about the same size, i turn the power filters off for the 1st day or so, otherwise it gets clogged with bits of uneaten fish, and fish that cannot swim to beat the suction, plus it gives my scavengers, (cats), a luncheon, maybe its the evil, in me, but its fun to watch, the fish, gobble up the feeder fish
Back to top Go down
fronts_lover
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime7/12/2012, 11:35 pm

nls pellets, my fish love em.
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime7/14/2012, 9:22 am

Nls and kens spurilina+garlic the love it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your Cichlids?   What do you feed your Cichlids? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you feed your Cichlids?
Page 1 of 1