UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

What do you feed your BN plecos?

Go down 
+9
lifeisgood
istrober
SeaWitch
khrister
CajunGator
Msdevine
chevy350
MIKEJ0226
Holey Rock of Texas
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

What do you feed your BN plecos? Empty
PostSubject: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 5:27 pm

i was wondering what you feed your long fin albino bristlenose plecos? i tried to feed my trio some veggies but they wanted nothing to do with it. i also tried some algae wafer with no success. i currently have them with some of my other plecos and they are getting brime shrimp.
so what do you feed them?
Back to top Go down
MIKEJ0226
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
MIKEJ0226

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 5:30 pm

Mine eat unsalted canned green beans, sliced fresh zuchinni, frozen brine shrimp and algae wafers. The fry seem to really like grren beans.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 5:49 pm

my normal brown trio loved zuchinni and squash. these will not touch it. i think they do like the brime however. there is no way the place i got them from was feeding them brime.
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 10:03 am

i feed mine algea waffers
Back to top Go down
Msdevine
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime11/17/2009, 1:54 pm

wow, I feed mine A Meat with Spiullina waffer, Romaine lettuce, Brussels sprout frozen, drop them in the tank at bedtime. If any is left ( hardy ever) take it out. I also feed all the stuff ya'll do, also i feed Plecocaine ,I am sure there is more... Mine eat anything my fish do also. And that is a lot of different foods.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime11/17/2009, 3:07 pm

sweat potato!!!! they love it and it will not fall apart in the water like zuccini does.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime11/17/2009, 3:17 pm

wow, never thought of sweet potato. nice information. get two >> one for fish and one for my sweet potato pie LOl
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime11/17/2009, 4:50 pm

Mine eat dainichi, NLS, Spirulina flakes, algae wafers, brine shrimp stick, worm stick Zuchinni etc. I bet you if I dip my hand in the tank long enough they'll eat it too lol!
Back to top Go down
Msdevine
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime11/18/2009, 1:37 pm

Do you blanch the sweet potato? i have one here for my plecos but have never fed it before,
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 12:44 pm

Yes, I am wondering about the sweet potato, too. Mine eat zucchinni and algae wafers, but the zucchinni makes such a mess in the tank! Great tip about the frozen burssel sprouts and non-salted green beans, too!!! I am always worried that my two don't get enough to eat because of the nerites. Can anyone recommend a brand of canned green bean that is not salted? I guess I could always use frozen ones (Birdseye usually contains no salt in their frozen veggis).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 12:57 pm

Melon, yellow squash, zucchini...... I try out just about any fresh veggi I have. All raw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 1:02 pm

I use canned store brand (Food Lion) green beans and they love them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 1:15 pm

I can tell you they don't like cabbage lol!
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 2:17 pm

FishVixen wrote:
I use canned store brand (Food Lion) green beans and they love them.

I've never seen that brand in my stores, but I am sure with a little label-reading, I can find some brand that doesn't h ave salt.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 2:40 pm

I feed them spirulina pellets, they love it... and finally they got into the zuchinni... they only leave the skin left lolll
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 6:55 am

All my Pleco tanks ( including LF ABN ) get Raw zucchini with seeds removed every 3 days or so ,Plecocaine , NLS ,Algae wafers ,and what ever flake makes it to the bottom through the dither fish. Any left over zucchini gets removed the next day at feeding time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 10:44 am

They don't seem to enthused with carrots....
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 11:21 am

I use the canned green beans from WalMart with no salt added. Very low sodium content and my BN love them. They are the WalMart brand.
Back to top Go down
76dragon
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 2:20 pm

Just went to Wally World to pick up some green bean cans for the plecos..
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 4:55 pm

i just use those algea wafers and sticks veggies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 6:05 pm

They seem to really enjoy fresh cherry's! I just put one in the tank and within 2 minutes there were 4 chewing on it!
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 7:26 pm

I tried the green beans and they loved them. However, they didn't like the brussel sprouts or sweet potato. They do love de-shelled peas, though! What do you feed your BN plecos? 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 7:28 pm

Looks like I need to get some green beans! Not a common veggi in my house... yuck!
Back to top Go down
eep115
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : all time favorite,guppies,and to many others to list

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 9:25 pm

i never remove the uneaten veggies.their always gone the second day .
and i add a little salt to my tanks. so i never worry about a little salt in the g.beans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your BN plecos?   What do you feed your BN plecos? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you feed your BN plecos?
Page 1 of 1