UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

giant pond snails!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

giant pond snails! Empty
PostSubject: giant pond snails!   giant pond snails! Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 8:20 pm

So, some of you know I love snails.... I told some people I had pond snails that were an inch long... thought id post pics... the first 1 she crinkled up a lil when I put the gold dollar on the tank...just for size... I have some of her babies who are already 1/2 inch or more...
giant pond snails! IMG_20110513_122518
giant pond snails! IMG_20110513_122157
giant pond snails! IMG_20110513_121737
giant pond snails! IMG_20110513_113418
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

giant pond snails! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant pond snails!   giant pond snails! Icon_minitime5/16/2011, 10:27 am

Awesome! I'd much rather have the pond snails as opposed to the bladder snails. They look so awesome with the "horns" as antenna. :o)
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

giant pond snails! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant pond snails!   giant pond snails! Icon_minitime5/16/2011, 5:23 pm

Very nice, I know so many people hate snails and everything but after seeing what they can do to clean things I can say I am a convert!
I put 4 small pond snails in my DIY brine shrimp hatchery bath which is pretty much a plastic flower box I use to maintain the temp for multiple hatcheries. Well needless to say that a spot that has some nutrients and 24/7 lighting grows algae VERY well. I am talking about being overrun and the 3x1 box covered in algae... 4 small pond snails and two week... nearly under control amazing when you think about it.
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

giant pond snails! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant pond snails!   giant pond snails! Icon_minitime5/17/2011, 1:48 am

I love snails! They are so cute and work wonders cleaning tanks! I have snails in almost all of my tanks except the 3 that the fish eats snails!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

giant pond snails! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant pond snails!   giant pond snails! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

giant pond snails!
Page 1 of 1