UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Giant Gourami

Go down 
+6
BLimon
VAMPY
mark
KMX
MarkM
BFinley
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 4:29 pm

Just to let everyone know I don't have my Giant Gourami anymore. sad I sold him yesterday and even know that I wanted to keep him he was getting to big and I didn't have a proper tank for him.I'm fixing to get a 140g tomorrow and didn't want to put him in that tank because its going to be for my Frontosa's and Dolphins and some other African's and did not want him to kill anyone of them.I sold him to a guy down the street from me that has 225g that he put him in and said I could come see him anytime I wanted to.I know he is in good hands.This was my Giant Gourami!
Giant Gourami  00711Giant Gourami  01311
Back to top Go down

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 4:42 pm

We do what we have to do for the fishes sake and health. He's a beauty.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 6:47 pm

At least that way you know where he went and can go see him. If you had taken him to a LFS, there is no telling where he would have wound up.

He's got to be happy swimmin' around in the 225.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 6:50 pm

Sorry to see you down about your fish but atleast you can still see him down the street. Keep us updated and let that fish freak know about USA! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
mark
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 7:09 pm

That sux brandon,do you know how old he is?
Back to top Go down

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 7:39 pm

If hes in a huge tank and you have visitation rights it sounds like it worked out well!
I know it sucks to let him go but you did the right thing!
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 9:58 pm

Wow, what a beautiful fish. Sorry you had to let him go, but at least you can still take him some treats!
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco
*In my 29g Tank: a DIY 3D Background with IMAGINARY water & fish LOL

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 10:36 pm

I think I got one of those but they also look like the discus on side of index page under recent postings. Beautiful fish though. Sorry you had to let it go!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/31/2010, 8:47 am

wow i feel you men!!, i been there with my Pacu also, i know what it feels, but hey at least hes going to a better home, thats what it counts!! Giant Gourami  393849
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime7/31/2010, 12:35 pm

I called the guy today and he said he is doing great.He also bought one of my big Jack dempsey's too and said she doing great too.He is like 3 years old.I told the guy to check out usafishbox and said when he has time he will.I will go see him later this week.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 10:59 am

I got a call from the guy yesterday and he asked my if I wanted to buy back the Giant Gourami because he is killing his 30" Silver Awrana and don't want that.So should I get him back?He said if I don't buy him back he would take him to the LFS and I don't want that.
Back to top Go down
mark
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 12:25 pm

If you still have a tank for him you should grab him,hes awesome
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 12:57 pm

Thats the problem I have my 60g thats emty rite now,but he really needs a bigger tank!
Back to top Go down
J*Hawk*83
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
J*Hawk*83

Favorite Fish: : Venestus
Trigger
Lionfish
Wrasse

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 1:01 pm

Brandon, you got all the fish in the 140 now?
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 1:12 pm

Most of them not all!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 2:21 pm

wow that fish is HUGE...

yes
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 3:28 pm

I wish I had another big tank that I could put him in!
Back to top Go down
rockinchops
Private
Private
rockinchops

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 12:44 pm

mine is stuck in a 90 for now he has some giant danios to keep him company anything else he kills like the pleco i removed yesterday
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 12:47 pm

How big is yours?
Back to top Go down
rockinchops
Private
Private
rockinchops

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 1:04 pm

hes about 10 inches just went and measured him
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 1:07 pm

Cool!How long have you had him?
Back to top Go down
rockinchops
Private
Private
rockinchops

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 2:46 pm

i think hes about a year old im fish sitting for a friend i have had him for about 6 or 7 months as soon as my friend moves to a place where he can have him hes taking him and the tank back
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 2:50 pm

Oh cool!He will eventually outgrow that 90g and will be more aggressive.They get up to 30".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Giant Gourami  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant Gourami    Giant Gourami  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giant Gourami
Page 1 of 1