UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

killifish eggs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

killifish eggs Empty
PostSubject: killifish eggs   killifish eggs Icon_minitime4/22/2011, 12:03 am

i was going to buy some killifish eggs on ebay was wandering how hard it is to hatch them.

thanks
justin
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

killifish eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: killifish eggs   killifish eggs Icon_minitime4/22/2011, 1:14 am

They are very easy to hatch, get yourself a small container with light aeration (use an air stone myself), room temp if your house temp is in the low 70's. Some First Bites, baby brine shrimp, decapsulated brine, walter worms basically anything for small fry. When you get your eggs there should be date on them of when to place them in water in the meantime store them in a cool dark place just don't forget them LOL. If you get more than one species be sure to mark your containers since alot of the females killifish are so similiar they are nearly impossible to tell apart.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

killifish eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: killifish eggs   killifish eggs Icon_minitime4/22/2011, 1:25 pm

sounds pretty easy, like a tupe-a-ware bowl or some thing my house is usually around 75-78
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

killifish eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: killifish eggs   killifish eggs Icon_minitime4/22/2011, 2:08 pm

Even a butter dish works LOL or the $1 store 2 for a buck deep bowls, shoe boxes are another great hatching container you can drill a small hole in the top for the air line to fit thru. Also I like to throw a sprig of java moss or fern in there since not all of them will hatch at the same time gives the smallers one a bit of a place to hide.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

killifish eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: killifish eggs   killifish eggs Icon_minitime4/22/2011, 4:27 pm

have you seen the bff infomercial?
https://www.mybestfishfriend.com/?mid=1187344
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

killifish eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: killifish eggs   killifish eggs Icon_minitime4/23/2011, 8:01 pm

Kasshan wrote:
have you seen the bff infomercial?
https://www.mybestfishfriend.com/?mid=1187344

no i seen that before, its pretty funny. i only paid 9 bucks for 20 killifish eggs and 20000 artemia eggs(are this like brine shrimp)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

killifish eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: killifish eggs   killifish eggs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

killifish eggs
Page 1 of 1