UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Please ID male to female ratio

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

Please ID male to female ratio  Empty
PostSubject: Please ID male to female ratio    Please ID male to female ratio  Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 8:59 pm

To our resident Pl*co fanatics and experts please ID gender for me.
I have 7 L46 and wonder what might be my male to female ratio is.

Please ID male to female ratio  IMG_6447

Please ID male to female ratio  IMG_6446
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Please ID male to female ratio    Please ID male to female ratio  Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 9:31 pm

I would say 1 male, 5 females and 1 could go either way. I am no pleco expert though.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Please ID male to female ratio    Please ID male to female ratio  Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 9:34 pm

my guess is 3M 4F usafishbox

are these a new batch???

if we right, do we WIN one?? LOL
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Please ID male to female ratio    Please ID male to female ratio  Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 9:45 pm

These are all I got left from a Mighty colony of 23 Please ID male to female ratio  196631
I lost 16 of them...
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Please ID male to female ratio    Please ID male to female ratio  Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 10:01 pm

dang thats a lot of really bad luck! really sukz... really sorry!
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Please ID male to female ratio    Please ID male to female ratio  Icon_minitime4/12/2011, 3:54 am

Judging by body shape , I agree with Cajun . 4F and 3M . Plenty to get your colony going again !! Good Luck !

Ray
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: Please ID male to female ratio    Please ID male to female ratio  Icon_minitime4/12/2011, 7:44 am

For those of you who sexed em.. what is the determining factor in gender id?
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Please ID male to female ratio    Please ID male to female ratio  Icon_minitime4/12/2011, 7:49 am

Depends on the type of plec. L046 is mostly body shape . Females being "plump" and males are more slender . Also , males pec fins are thicker in mature males. And the Odontodes on the males checkes will reach to almost the pec fins. Ancistrus ,males have bristles from snout up to forhead , while females can have bristles , they are way smaller and only around the mouth.
Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please ID male to female ratio    Please ID male to female ratio  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please ID male to female ratio
Page 1 of 1