UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Pet store RANT!!

Go down 
+14
jb1edlover
SchutzhundJunkie
sUMcRAZYfISH
jake
Okori
Ben
2SciCrazed
fishface30
tbarnwell
-3de-
elfwolfe
williemcd
CajunGator
Taylor
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Taylor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylor

Favorite Fish: : Angels

Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 7:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Im so frustrated!!!!

I just got back from 'pet supermarket'
Now before I get into the ranting, ill give a little back story as to why.
I worked at petsmart for a long time, and quit because of the manager,
he was un professional, RUDE, and honestly I cant think of a day where I left the store
either wanting to cry, or hit something. After leaving petsmart I put in an application
at pet supermarket, feeling a little confident with the experience under my belt and the manager seemingly pleased with the interview I go a week with no response, I call, and am told that she was to busy to talk, but she'd call me back. Basically the girl who answered told me not to call, that she would call (with her tone).

"Uhm she's pretty busy, and has been. She'll like call you.. Ok?"
Was the dialog.

Now for the upsetting rant.
Today being a few months after never getting a call, and calling regardless (I didn't get the job obviously) I go into the store in hopes of getting a few plants for my 55 gallon. Firstly, when I walked in NO one greeted me, and no one was busy! The girl at the counter was fiddling with her nails. I walk back to the fish area, and there was a mother and her kid in front of me. Now brace yourself.... I was over hearing that she had JUST set up her pond yesterday, and she wanted to stock it up. I didn't feel like barging in yet... Lol. The mother then picks up two betta's and points at the guppy tank asking if they would be acceptable for her pond, the girl who was working in the fish area then turns to the tank and in a baby voice goes "Would you like to go home with these lovely people? Would you like their pond?" After that she turned to them and said that they would be fine. Thats when I stopped them and told the lady that she should let her pond cycle, and to call me after for stock suggestions. I gave her my number and then looked at the worker and said "Are you new?" She ignored me!! And then tried to walk away!!! Obviously I was back there for a reason

So I yell "Excuse me!" a little B****y but I mean come on! Do you blame me!?
She slowly walked back and didn't make eye contact with me, and asked what I wanted while she was looking at the floor. First I asked about the several baby guppies that were in the guppy tank (they were barley there obviously just born) and asked if she wouldn't mind getting a few of those, and she said "Well they are 4.99 each." I just stared at her, and then said "Are you serious? When Petsmart, Petco and every other pet store does everything they possibly can to get RID of them, you actually sell them for full price?!" She just said "Well there guppies aren't they?" Ignoring her I asked her how much the plants were (as no price tags stated so) and she just shrugged her shoulders! I asked her if she could look at my face and talk to me like a normal human being, and thats when it got weird.
She instantly perked up and said "Of course lovely lady!" and at that point I just wanted to leave, I pointed at the two plants I wanted and said "Those." After bagging them she took them to the front assuming I was done, I was not.. But I didn't feel like waiting so I followed her fast pace. When I got to the register she said "Oh they aren't ready, I dont know how much they are." I literally face palmed, and she actually rolled her eyes at me!!! The line was LONG, and I was in no mood to wait, so I said well I have your managers cell phone number, why dont I just call and ask apposed to waiting 10-15 minutes while you attempt to talk to the fish in the back. She snapped her body up and walked over to the other worker and whispered. At THIS point I was ready to just leave, but I didn't (I should have...) I wait in line for 6 minutes and when im finally up to the register the girl asks what I want. I pointed to the plants that had been thrown on the counter, and ask "Are the baby guppies REALLY 4.99 each?" The girl looked at me blankly and said "I dont know, id have to look at them." I probably sounded rude, but I said "Really? They are smaller then the tip of a pen, and see through, NOW can you answer my question?" She didn't answer me and started ringing up the plants, So I yelled "Of course not! No one in this place can!" She gave me a realllllly dirty look, but it honestly just humored me. I happened to notice the plant that I went there for was bagged COMPLETELY wrong. There was water almost to the top, AND the stem that had another plant growing at the tip was sticking out the top!!

After paying I rushed out. But I couldn't NOT talk about it....
Im in shock. I don't even feel like calling the manager, I feel like calling corporate.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 1:27 pm

Katy- home of the outlet malls, Hooters and Bass Pro Shops... oh yeah and pretty darn good high school football team!
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 1:28 pm

what some people forget about when going in to a petco or petsmart, etc is they think oh "pet" store and they should know everything when they shouldn't. well that is at least my opinion, I see the petco and petsmart as the intry level in to fish, where the 15-17 year olds have a guppy tank at home and get there first job..

me If I start to see my self get pissed I just walk out and go back later. I live 5 mins from the east plano petsmart it's not worth getting stressed over the minor stuff, if I'm just looking for food, or salt mix I go in to petsmarts/ petco, and here is what I learned to do get to know the people by name and go in the stores when you know certin people are working...

petco/petsmart might not have the most smartest of people but I do know they are cheaper then big lfs. if I'm need a certin thing I call the lfs to make surethey have it before going... or I get to know thepeople so as soon as I walk in Joey how have you been... or if I don't see any one I go and find some one... "HI I don't mean to bother you but I was in the fish room, and it's been 15-20 mins and I haven't seen any one in the fish room, to help me I wanted I need to get a few plants/ fish.....

plus you never know what type of mind frame that girl could of been in, or if she was having a bad day, or if she was trying to catch fish for thousands of people before you and was the only one in thefish room...... exp. theperson who takes 2 hours and goes I want that one fish, then that fish, then that fish oh no maybe that fish fish, no maybe that fish...

like I said I call before I go in and ask them if they have what I'm wanting, communcating is also key, HI I came in to buy some plants and will know what I want in about 10-15mins, that lets them know, also what has helped me is to no go in during busy hours.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 1:43 pm

I will tone down my previous advice. I would write the store manager and corporate. As a business owner, I want to know where I am failing. I want to correct the problem and I want to bring you back into the store. If I am left unaware of the problem, I cannot fix it!.. Bill
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 5:19 pm

williemcd wrote:
I will tone down my previous advice. I would write the store manager and corporate. As a business owner, I want to know where I am failing. I want to correct the problem and I want to bring you back into the store. If I am left unaware of the problem, I cannot fix it!.. Bill

Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 858205
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 7:01 pm

Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 455499 Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 858205
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 7:15 pm

But... two things here.... If you continue to see the problem as not being addressed, they've sent you a message that they don't CARE about the issue and are rather counting on new business rather than repeat business... That is where the LFS's come into play. On the flip side of the coin,,, I make it a POINT to write a letter to the local manager and corporate when I encounter someone that deserves a "atta boy".. sorry for the gender inference.
If your going to B#tch, ya oughta complement. Bill
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 10:33 pm

Kory I agree with your post. Question to everyone WHY do you even waste your time going to them. Personaly never have been in any of the stores mentioned and never plan on going.
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/7/2011, 10:27 am

I've never found anything worth buying. I have one down the street from my work, and I've only bought ghost shrimp the first time I went. Since then, I haven't seen any ghost shrimp, no decent plants, no fish I would want to buy. They just don't fit my specific needs, and I'm glad for it! LOL
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/7/2011, 12:07 pm

yeah my parents live near katy. i went to a cypress school, across the street was katy school district, and the address is houston lol.
Back to top Go down
Okori
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/7/2011, 12:14 pm

Ha ha ha i think we lived pretty close then! I was the same way! We moved across the street from Lancaster subdivision and went from a houston address to Katy address.

Went to cypress schools too, sad to say the education standards up here were better (five years ago, anyway). Too much focus on Taas and not enough on core curriculum. *shrug* I went to Cy-Springs High! Most of my friends went to Creek and Fair.

We were almost neighbors!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/7/2011, 12:21 pm

when did you graduate?
Back to top Go down
Okori
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/7/2011, 9:58 pm

2006. crazy But I graduated in Michigan fighting Still a Texan at heart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pet store RANT!!   Pet store RANT!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet store RANT!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2