UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!

Go down 
+3
ilicurtisili
pillierox1
2SciCrazed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Empty
PostSubject: New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!   New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Icon_minitime7/15/2010, 5:16 pm

My two younger kids have been pestering us to let them each get their own puppy ever since they turned 11. No matter that we already have one indoor terrorist and one outdoor Bagel already!

Then the daughter came up with an idea while she was following me around Petco yesterday. Would we let her buy her own tank and keep her own fish in her room?

Simple answer when we called dad for input - HELL YEAH!

She came home with a self contained 2G and a pair of Marbled Mollies. After seeing all the excitement - her stepbrother demanded the same deal.... So now there's a 2G waiting in his bedroom when he comes back from his mother..

Can't beat fish! *grin*

Wandering around Bellevue, Tn (suburbia town between me and Nashville) we came across a pet store that we didn't know about - PetMart! Of course, had to go in and browse. Twice the tanks of PetCo - 25% of those were filled with cichlids. After noticing some Bumblebee's mixed with a blue species of the same pattern, I started a conversation with the young man manning the fish section. Amazingly he actually mentioned that with cichlids it was educating the buyer that they couldn't just been thrown in willy-nilly with each other. Turned out that he's transferred in from a more 'cichlid-based' store, and keeps aquariums himself..

... grrrrr.... ended up leaving the store with a few bags of different bottom feeders for my classroom barb tank. I can never leave without buying something!

So now we have PetCo for cheap tanks, PetSupermarket for really weird fish, PetMart for lower prices but wide selection, and Walmart for lower priced name-brand tropical flakes... I just have to drive East instead of West... LOL...

The now-fish-owning kids and I will spend many a quality afternoon together now. Talking 'fish' and wandering from store-to-store whenever they earn some $$$ on the farm. Family time!

- Laura New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! 265353
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!   New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Icon_minitime7/15/2010, 5:20 pm

lol nice, wait til they want bigger tanks!!!! then u dont hav to worry bout puppies just big tanks lol
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!   New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Icon_minitime7/15/2010, 6:28 pm

it is petsmart or petmart?
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!   New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Icon_minitime7/16/2010, 10:41 am

Nice. I hope my kids do the same thing when I have them. lol
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!   New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Icon_minitime7/16/2010, 11:16 pm

2SciCrazed wrote:
we already have one indoor terrorist and one outdoor Bagel already!

is the bagel moldy? poop

All jokes aside, i like seeing the yungins get into the hobby. I've been giving little 10gallon packages away lately. There have been some generous donations towards the equipment too.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!   New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Icon_minitime7/17/2010, 7:23 am

Very, Very COOL.,,, awesome start for them in a reward fish hobby Experience!

usafishbox New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! 265353 New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! 422518 yes
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!   New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Icon_minitime7/17/2010, 8:32 am

Congrats on your bonding and findings with your little ones. Sounds like fun! My 3 year old alrady knows what plecos, snails and fish are and he is always pumped to view them so thats cool and I know where your coming from. Also don't forget users and sponsors sell pretty much the same thing as thos stores only way cheaper so just ask around and save some $$$$!!!

usafishbox

PS Curtis it's Pet smart....only put together....so Petsmart.
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!   New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Icon_minitime7/17/2010, 12:01 pm

Beagle + Basset mutt = Bagel mutt... LOL

Is it really Pet smart - or Pets mart put together?

lol!

Since the cories are leaving the house I'm going to get some apples snails to stay with the guppies. The kids will be demanding those next anyway.... Might as well breed them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!   New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New store to haunt - and NO puppies!!!!
Page 1 of 1