UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My trip to the pet store! PICS

Go down 
+4
Demonkegman
VAMPY
Janie
mshill90
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa

My trip to the pet store! PICS Empty
PostSubject: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 6:54 pm

So, I went to The Pet Place down in Lancaster, PA for 1 fish. The Sunshine Pleco. I had a 25% off coupon, so I figured what the heck. I took a co-worker with me, my fiance, and for the first time.. my camera. Our bill was $150.00.

We managed to walk out with a Sunshine Pleco (25% off), a blue phantom pleco (25% off), some aquarium plants, plant food, AND a 30 lb piece of driftwood. Thank god it was pre priced. It was $30, but their normal driftwood is $6.99 a lb.

I also on a look in the back room of some Scarlet Plecos (L-25) they got in. 2 inch @ $169!

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4710

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4711

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4712

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4713

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4714

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4715

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4716

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4717

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4718

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4719

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4720

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4721

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4722

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4723

Back to top Go down
Janie
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Janie

Favorite Fish: : Calvus & all Victorian Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 6:56 pm

WOW. Super nice pics. I love the yellow seahorse and the stingrays. Bet you had fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 6:57 pm

wish I had as tore like that near me. cry
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 7:00 pm

Yes, I had a lot of fun! I had been there a ton of times, and my co worker (who is touching the ray in the pic) finally convinced me to touch one. SLIMY.

They seem so full of personality though. That little guy was in front of me for like 10 minutes hoping I had food for him. haha. Then 2 more came over!
Back to top Go down
Janie
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Janie

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 7:03 pm

How much do those cost?
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 7:04 pm

Janie wrote:
How much do those cost?

Those are Salt water Rays, and I have never seen them sell any in the store.

They do occasionally get in teacup rays, which are freshwater.. They are about $70.
Back to top Go down
Janie
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Janie

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 7:05 pm

Oh nice. I would love to have one that is freshwater. Are they pretty hardy?
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 7:11 pm

Janie wrote:
Oh nice. I would love to have one that is freshwater. Are they pretty hardy?

Well, I don't know much about them, but I did want to get one once.. They need a big tank, more wide than tall. They grow fast, and they can easily get I think what's call "the curl".. It's where their fin starts to curl up because it's difficult to get them to eat. Once they start getting the curl, kiss him goodbye because it's too late.

I would love to get one, but if I got one, it would not be a teacup. It would be a Potamotrygon leopoldi- also known as the Eclipse Ray.

My trip to the pet store! PICS Blackd10
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 7:29 pm

Sweet pics, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 8:04 pm

GREAT PICS!!!!!! how much was that octpus? i REALLY REALLY REALLY want one but i hear they are IMPOSSIBLE to take care of....... SW peeps, what you think, i've seen a few b4 at my local stores....
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 8:18 pm

freshwater rays are illegal in texas.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 8:33 pm

Demonkegman wrote:
GREAT PICS!!!!!! how much was that octpus? i REALLY REALLY REALLY want one but i hear they are IMPOSSIBLE to take care of....... SW peeps, what you think, i've seen a few b4 at my local stores....

The octopus were $60. They wouldn't ship them, no guarantee, stress easily, escape, and no guarantee they would even make the trip home.

Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 8:34 pm

ilicurtisili wrote:
freshwater rays are illegal in texas.

What the authorities don't know, won't hurt them.. haha. Just kidding. My trip to the pet store! PICS 690297
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 8:48 pm

i know. when i went to missouri i was tempted to buy one. they are bad Bart
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco
*In my 29g Tank: a DIY 3D Background with IMAGINARY water & fish LOL

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 10:00 pm

Nice pictures! I bet you're a photographer on the side My trip to the pet store! PICS 932999
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 10:08 pm

BLimon wrote:
Nice pictures! I bet you're a photographer on the side My trip to the pet store! PICS 932999

rofl I wish! It's just a Kodak digital camera. Was $300 3 years back. These are pretty much the best pics it's taken in a while.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 10:55 pm

thanks great. i would love to see your new fish in their great home!!!
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco
*In my 29g Tank: a DIY 3D Background with IMAGINARY water & fish LOL

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 11:04 pm

Yeah me too! Those are great!
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/1/2010, 11:40 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
thanks great. i would love to see your new fish in their great home!!!

I will get pics of them tomorrow after work. I can only find the sunshine pleco. The blue phantom has gone into hiding just like my red tail leopard plecos. I have 3 of them, and you would never even know.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/2/2010, 5:57 am

My trip to the pet store! PICS Cool_p15 i used to have one of those fw stingrays!! they are cool fish...
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/2/2010, 9:25 pm

Ok, so I got a pic of the tank they are in.. it's a 110.

And a cool pic of my Para pleco. :)

And Felix.. he had a long day watching my Fiance try to get the plants in the tank!

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4724

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4810

My trip to the pet store! PICS 100_4811
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/2/2010, 9:52 pm

nice fish.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime8/2/2010, 10:00 pm

Here's a list of what is in the tank:

3 L-114 Plecos (red tail leopard)
1 Para pleco
1 Sunshine Pleco
1 Blue Phantom Pleco

20+ Clown loaches
Leopard Leaf Fish
Zebra loaches
Frontosa Fry
Pearl Danios
African Butterfly Fish
Brasilensis Earth Eaters (breeding pair)
Red Hump Earth eaters
Geophagus Demon Eartheater

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My trip to the pet store! PICS   My trip to the pet store! PICS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My trip to the pet store! PICS
Page 1 of 1