UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

trip to lfs

Go down 
+8
kyoshi
nitty
Elrollo
jessecichlidguy
Jeepluv77
KMX
pillierox1
discuskent
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

Favorite Fish: : discus arowana cichlids

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 11:35 am

trip to lfs Animal18

trip to lfs Animal19[url][/url]

trip to lfs Animal20

trip to lfs Animal21

trip to lfs Animal24

trip to lfs Animal25

trip to lfs Animal26

trip to lfs Animal28

trip to lfs Animal29

trip to lfs Animal30

heres a trip to animal jungle its 26000 sq ft and i just did the fish im not good at posting pics yet so they will double up i dont know y sorry[url=[10] istrober : https://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae159/istrober/Fish World/?action=view¤t=DSCN1716-1.mp4.][10:31:02] istrober : https://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae159/istrober/Fish World/?action=view¤t=DSCN1716-1.mp4.[/url]
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 12:29 pm

wow i would luv to go there!!!! sorry bout last nite i got kicked off the computer my bf wanted it lol.
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 12:37 pm

sorry about the way i did it but i got messed up in the begging couldnt get messages under them to explain what pics wrer ill do better next time and blurry pics ill learn and this is really not all of it
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 12:46 pm

There ya go Kent. Helped you out. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 1:11 pm

gorgeous serval wow!!! do u hav to hav a permit for those in va? bc i know texas and the south u hav to hav permits.
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 3:52 pm

Nice pics. I actually used to work at Animal Jungle. The owner has put a lot of money into it but, unfortunately, had deplorable business practices when it came to the livestock he carried in all departments. I've seen some promising changes over the years(that was almost 5 years ago that I quit) and it looks like a lot has changed for the better. Appearences have always been decieving with Bob, though. As a customer I always thought it was the most awesome store ever. Didn't take long to become disenchanted as an employee. I've still got some friends working there so I'll get the inside look for you soon. As a matter of fact, they're open until 9 today I believe and the puppy needs socialized so I'll make a little trip down there at about 6:30 or so. The person to go to in freshwater is Don, reptiles Quincy and Joe(and the other Don but he's rarely there anymore), and small animals Ronald. Overall, go to Andy, Kathy, and especially Edgar if you can. They're store managers, though, so they are tough to get time with. I'll find out who's working in saltwater now and whether they're any good. Employees are generally told not to admit when they don't know something and to just wing it. So you have to pay close attention to what they're saying and their mannerisms. Anyone with a red shirt is a rookie and often times has minimal experience with fish. I never was red shirted because I'd been keeping fish for years. I'll post again on here with what I find when I get back. I generally don't have a problem with gaining access to the back rooms when I'm there unless management is nearby. Honestly, they don't really care anymore it seems so I'm guessing things have been cleaned up a bit or they've just given up. I'll post again when I get back!
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 4:28 pm

no things havent changed much in the last 20 yrs ive known edgar for yrs hes pretty straight forward but if something is sick it goes on sale some times i think there theory is sell u a sick fish everything in your tank dies come and get some more but they are the only ones that brings stuff in thats why i buy alot of fish online at aquabid pay a little more but ive always made out and u know your pic did look familure to me ive probly seen u up ther when u worked there pet paridice is gone down hill and fish safari is not far behind
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 4:34 pm

pill i dont know about the permit but hes been there awile they also have a marmacet buthe picture turned out bad one day they brought a young lion in u could meettrip to lfs Animal31
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 4:39 pm

Fish Safari is my favorite still and it's right down the road. They're struggling to stay afloat though since the recession started. Business has dropped by well over half. I worked for them for awhile until I got pregnant and couldn't. They didn't pay much for base but had no problem handing out overtime. Their biggest problem is they're so small. Leroy and his Mother, Caroline, own it and the only other dependable employee they have is James. James' time seems to be limited though as he's had some serious health issues lately. Pet Paradise has just become lazy. I won't even get started on them. It's sad isn't it? Even Care-a-lot's fish room has gone down hill. It's like it's becoming a lost art to run a successful aquarium business.

And, as for the serval, you do have to have a permit for it. He used to post his permits for the exotics he brought in. I'm not really sure why he stopped. I believe he has one for the marmoset, too. Do you remember Cricket the spider monkey? They had her eons ago when they were still across the street in Timberlake Shopping Center. They got her as an owner surrender from someone that had cut her tail off to put a diaper on her. Bob has a decent heart. I think he's one of those people that believes "they're just fish" and not worth caring about.

And, with that, I'm headed out to Animal Jungle for some research. (Edit)
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 8:17 pm

we went by fish safari today we usally make the rounds on the weekends they just have nothing we beleave they arnt gooing to make it pet paradice the kids have taken over and lost their mind carealot has great prices i know bobby there he used to work at animal jungle too fish always something last time i got something from them i got gill fluks that sucked thats why i use aquabid u can check their feedback and only had good deals so far can b pricey with shiping
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 8:29 pm

wow nice ya u hav to hav a permit for most states like the wolf hybrids, but i do want a fennec fox which u dont to hav a permit with. their cute little foxes
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/21/2010, 10:01 pm

So, I made it up there. A lot has changed but not much. They're still having huge losses from every shipment. The problem is his fish source. He's had the same issue for years but cuts huge profits so he's not changing any time soon. He's got two huge african lung fish. Coolest fish ever and probably the ugliest. But he's got them each on their own side of a 75 gallon. Almost no room for them. Overall it's a little better but still needs to be worked on, alot.
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 8:40 am

the one on the left hes had longer then he got the one on the right and looks like they has something on it now the one on the right has it to i know he goes and gets alot from fla dont know where and just brings stuff back and dumps them in a tank and murders discus i just dont understand i guess the losses are ok with him i know things are bad now but they have always done it i dont buy many fish there just hard to take the chance but u have to saport them or u wont have anyone to go to its a delima
Back to top Go down

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 10:53 am

Wow, I didn't know some places were that bad. I work at a fish store here in FL. If a fish is sick it goes back into QT and gets treated, if a tank gets sick nothing in it can be sold. All incoming fish get at least 2 weeks of QT before going out on the floor even if they come in looking healthy. Quite a few of the fish are bred locally, discus, angles, bn, guppys, a bunch of Africans, corys, to name a few. local garage breeders tend to have better stock than fish farms. We are allowed to tell someone a fish is not for sale if we know they don't know what they are doing, ie large oscar in a 10g with guppys. If we don't know something we do not wing it we go look in the library for the answer.
Back to top Go down

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 11:36 am

I want to visit your shop Fern. fish
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 12:05 pm

i wish all shops were like that
Back to top Go down

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 12:34 pm

Yall are more than welcome to come by if your ever in my neck of the woods!

Most of the employees started out as customers, he only hires people that know what they are talking about trip to lfs 393849
Back to top Go down

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 12:54 pm

Where in Florida? I use to live in St. Pete.
Back to top Go down

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 12:55 pm

Fort Myers
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime9/19/2010, 1:39 am

Lol small world in my teen years I used to work for Bob's brother Tom at the smaller animal Jungle in college park. Only good thing about that job was that it gave me a good base to become a hobbyist. Yeah Animal jungle is the place to go for a good selection, but i do observe fish for a while make sure none are scratching rocks showing spots or looking overall in bad shape (clamped fins ect.)

I do have to agree pet paradise has almost hit the dump level with me. Last time i was in there 50-60% of the tanks were being medicated or had dead fish in them. That is just unacceptable. Might be because the just move a H.O.T. magnum from tank to tank to help with filtration.

Hmmmm care-a-lot and whats the other store iam going to have to look up tommorow and check them out.

nice pics btw
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime9/19/2010, 7:59 am

nice and clean looking store.
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime9/23/2010, 10:15 am

Kent and Elrollo, isn't it sad to live in such a populated area and really not have a dependable store to go to? I've gone as far and Newport News and Hampton looking for one. This whole area has such a capitalist nature that the health and well being of any animal that could bring in a profit, especially fish, is rarely considered by anyone. I can't wait for that day when the market shifts and someone opens that dream store around here where the fish are properly acclimated, quarantined, and not knowingly sold to someone who can't care for them. Elrollo, I never did make it to the smaller Animal Jungle but grew up a little under a mile away from this one. I used to walk up there almost every day starting about 14 years ago(has it really been that long!?) when they were still at Timberlake Shopping Center across the street from where they are now. I dreamed for years of working there and was so proud when I finally landed the job. Within months I was totally disgusted by what I'd seen and heard during my time there. I still hope it will get better eventually. I will say, however, that I'm very optimistic about the new Petco they opened in Brenneman Farms Shopping Center at South Plaza and Princess Anne. Looks like a nice place so far, but then it's brand new. We'll see. I've get pics when I get a new phone with a decent camera.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 2:01 pm

Yeah i remember when animal jungle was getting national attention as largest off the street customer store on East Coast back in the early 90's. Petco have to really watch them bought a couple of nice looking female guppies(on sale) next day my whole tank is almost dead. Asked the sales person young female..(brenda maybe) how they where feeding, what the Ph of tank was all the basic questions then sat and watched the fish for about 1 hour. Well next day after introducing 5 females to my 55 all my fish ended up with Ick and all the females from petco were dead...found 4 5th decided to die behind the filter overflow and really caused my ammonia to spike when i could not find the dead body. Any how went back to store with sample and dead fish...my water was aat 6.8 ph dripped the fish before i put them in tank...the water at the store was 7.8 in that tank.

Just a warning

People for the most part know what they are talking about or will ask and the store is clean...but keep an eye on fish see alot of their tanks go dead with in a week of them putting fish in. I visit 2 times a week on my way home from TCC.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 2:02 pm

Another store to check out is Simply Pets an off shoot of pet paradise...staff is really helpful and tanks look good. Military hwy and battlefeild blvd shopping center with big Kmart and big lots.
Back to top Go down
kyoshi
Private
Private
kyoshi

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime9/24/2010, 3:58 pm

We need one of those shops in new england
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

trip to lfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: trip to lfs   trip to lfs Icon_minitime