UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

New tank new pics added 1/16

Go down 
+2
bassackwards
Keelo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New tank new pics added 1/16   New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/11/2011, 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

So as some of you know i was planning on getting a 55 gallon tank, well i finally did! Sadly since ive never done much with plants i didnt even know i was supposed to put clay or fertilizer under the rocks but with the help of a few friends i learned about plant tabs!(hopefully if works out good) I've got the pump and the heater in and my husband left to get me some good lights and some plants that i will be adding to it tonight. Ill be taking pictures after i add my plants!

Oh yeah if its okay to add plants while the water is filtering is it okay to add my snails just not my fish? I dont know if snails are hardier than fish or something :)

Stay tuned for pics :)

Last edited by Keelo on 1/16/2011, 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Keelo
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: New tank new pics added 1/16   New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/13/2011, 11:31 am

I got it tested at a specialized fish store here and it was only slightly high in... something i forgot i think it was ammonia. This was yesterday, he said to give it two more days. Yesterday i rinsed my other tnaks filters in it and stole an ornament to add to it to help it. I also have a water test kit aka those strips and i will test it again Saturday morning and if its still not right then i will jsut put my guppies in a holding tank for a few days. Im not getting a big bunch of them anyways just 3-4 so they will be fine in my holding tank for a few days longer if needed :)
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

PostSubject: Re: New tank new pics added 1/16   New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 7:28 pm

sooo my dad gave me a 1600 dollar cam that i cant figure out how to use the manuel doesnt even make since so i cant change the settings to get better pics.... but heres a few decent ones

theres only 5 guppies and a platy on the left the rest is reflection:

New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 168222_479024387819_674482819_6489385_7395241_n

here is my orange with black spots platy:

New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 162626_479024617819_674482819_6489393_7702523_n

As of now i have 5 guppies asorted colors a silver molly a dally molly a orange/black platy a orange black spotted platy and my awesome frog :)
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: New tank new pics added 1/16   New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 3:31 am

Sweet . I see all your gups are males .
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

PostSubject: Re: New tank new pics added 1/16   New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 9:53 am

acctually theres was 3 males 3 females and i was going to get a few more females then one of my females disapeared i think my cat had a midnight snack. so now im down to 2 fem 3 male, need to restock with some more ladies in a few days :)
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: New tank new pics added 1/16   New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 1:19 pm

Give the fry plenty of places to hide and you will have more guppies than you can count in no time!
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

PostSubject: Re: New tank new pics added 1/16   New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 1:23 pm

Yup for sure except i never keep fry lol i try to avoid inbreeding so i need a nice lady stock so i can produce some nice fry for selling i sell them like crazy around here :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tank new pics added 1/16   New tank new pics added 1/16 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New tank new pics added 1/16
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2