UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29 Empty
PostSubject: Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29   Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29 Icon_minitime6/28/2011, 9:49 am

Sometime Wednesday evening or Thursday morning while we were packing and getting ready to go to my Dad's in Columbus Macie must have shook her head and whacked her ear on something. We noticed it Thursday while getting ready to leave. Knowing that there was nothing that I could do with it, I hoped for the best and loaded her in the car. I had hoped that it would go down on it's own but as you all know with boxers that never seems to happen. So I called the vet last night and gave my self-diagnosis and was told to drop her off this morning to have her sedated and have it lanced open and a drain put in. Don dropped her off this morning at about 8:30. I can call after 1 to see how she is and should be able to pick her up between 3:00 and 5:00 this evening.

I so hated kissing her good-bye this morning. :( Here are two pics of what it looks like. Please don't mind the fact that she looks abused. She didn't want her pic taken this morning. As soon as I came near her with the camera she started looking away and even shook. Silly girly. And since she almost always has yeasty ears from her allergies the way her ear is so heavy with the swelling is making the yeast even worse. I have been swabbing it out daily.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by wildbeanerz on 6/29/2011, 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29   Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29 Icon_minitime6/28/2011, 10:38 am

oooweee poor baby, I'm glad shes gonna be ok:)
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29   Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29 Icon_minitime6/28/2011, 11:57 am

Just called the vet and they said she is still kind of under the anesthesia but is sitting up. She did well. I can pick her up around 4-4:30 which is good because that is what time I get off work. She said she will have a drain and they will go over the care for that when I pick her up.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29   Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29 Icon_minitime6/28/2011, 12:08 pm

great news!!!! give her lotsa big hugs.
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

PostSubject: Re: Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29   Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29 Icon_minitime6/28/2011, 2:44 pm

Awesome! I'm glad she's fixed up and on the road to healing. She has an awesome owner who would make sure she was taken care of!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29   Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29 Icon_minitime6/29/2011, 9:47 am

She was so tired last night that she didn't eat or drink at all. She just followed where ever I was and slept. But she seemed comfortable so I let her be. This morning she is more herself. Still tired and a little mopey. If any thing she is mad that her ear is wrapped up and embarrassed. Her feelings get hurt easy. :)

As always with a surgery you have to have a groggy picture. She was still pretty doped up but following me around a little.

And this is from this morning. She is more perky. Still not wanting her picture taken though, LOL. She came right over and got her pills and ate treats like they were going out of style. She is on antibiotics to prevent infection and also her yeast overcame her ear and they want to clear that all up. So of course she is on a course of pred as well. It is for the best because it will put her allergies back in check for probably the rest of the summer.

Oh and of course you get the camera out and Chloe has to pose for one! She is so different from Macie. Macie hates the camera and Chloe loves it!!

Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

PostSubject: Re: Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29   Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29 Icon_minitime6/29/2011, 2:56 pm

Poor girl! I must say, in all my years of vet teching, I've never seen an ear hematoma wrapped like this. Usually the pinna is taped to the top of the head to keep it stabelized and protect it from further bleeding/injury shoud the dog shake it's head, etc....and by doing so would also expose the ear canal to the air to aid in cleaning the ear and drying the canal out.
This is very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29   Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Macie - ear hematoma ** new pics added 6/29
Page 1 of 1