UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

attempting to breed discus

Go down 
+2
dano
Marlboro Red
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

attempting to breed discus - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: attempting to breed discus   attempting to breed discus - Page 3 Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Here is a pic of the 45g tall that the pair is in
attempting to breed discus - Page 3 DSCN3729
It has a heater, 2 sponge filters a little bit of wood with a java fern on it and a filter intake tube suction cupped to the tank wall. They bred all 3 times in the community tank on the filter intake tube so I gave them one as their spawning site attempting to breed discus - Page 3 393849
The pair;
Tiger is the female
attempting to breed discus - Page 3 DSCN3707
And Scarface is the male
attempting to breed discus - Page 3 DSCN3704

They took very good care of the eggs in the 90g community but they were getting too rough on all the other discus in there so I needed to move them out. Lets see how they do in their own tank and see if I can manage to get fry from them crazy
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: attempting to breed discus   attempting to breed discus - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/4/2010, 3:25 pm

congrates
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: attempting to breed discus   attempting to breed discus - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/4/2010, 4:28 pm

cool fern, now the fun starts, kinda. i change the water half way or just above the eggs.
if ya want add some stuff to the water like half a dose or less. its only good for an hr i think.
feed lightly, once a day, light ALWAYS ON. if she sleeps then she won't tend to the eggs and they may fungus. wipe the inside of the tank with a paper towel everyday, with a water change too everyday. the less bacteria in the tank the better. keep the sponge filter very clean too. rinse in fish tank water alot so no more brown stuff comes out any more. with the daily w/c and light feeding you wont have to worry about mini cylce or anything like that.

this is what i did fern, i read alot about breeding discus and this is what finally worked for me. please keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: attempting to breed discus   attempting to breed discus - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/4/2010, 4:46 pm

I can put a little 10g light fixture on her tank.
I have live blackworms, they will stay alive in the tank I will feed those, less food waste.
I will do a 50% waterchange in a moment, the eggs are about 1/2 way down.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: attempting to breed discus   attempting to breed discus - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/4/2010, 6:39 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: attempting to breed discus   attempting to breed discus - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

attempting to breed discus
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3