UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling!

Go down 
+11
CHOMPERS
mike205
Holey Rock of Texas
alkomist
vman
KMX
BFinley
CajunGator
istrober
pillierox1
sal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling!   Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling! - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 12:49 am

First topic message reminder :

So I get a knock at my door this evening and to my surprise it was the first person I ever sold a fish too. With them they had a bucket and 10 Walteri peacocks(females). Originally I sold these people the entire brood(20 or so) at $2 each, well half of them died in the last year and since I have gotten rid of the breeding group. Well guess what? They want their money back because none of them look like the males I had. After explaining originally that females looked plain and had no color they still baught them. So they got upset after I told them I could not help them and guess what?!!!! After they left I went out side to lock up my cars and noticed something on the tunnel cover from my Avalanch. YUP!!! They dumped all the fish on my truck and left. HAHAHA! I love it! Wish I would have walked out sooner and saved a few but it was to late.

How do you guys feel about selling fish that are dimorphic? or am I the only one that has had this problem.

Just got rid of some electric blue ahli's(1-2inch's) hope this does'nt happen again!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling!   Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling! - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 8:24 am

^^^^^LAME!!! i hate ppl like that! i know 3 too many ppl like your friend...its sad really but their tanks are cared for and cleaned often by me....just cuz theyre not my fish dont me i cant take care of em!
Back to top Go down
kinsol
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
kinsol

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling!   Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 12:11 pm

Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling! - Page 2 858205 thats a trip i cant believe he had the b@lls to come back with that attitude.
Like Kory I also offer to swap the females but there not getting a male for each female i do explain that females will never get color only the males.
hope you never go thru that again and as you can see from everyones post Your Good.
Back to top Go down
tomany
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : abn plecos right now. But it changes so much, I see a new fish and want to keep it, too. That's how I got so many tanks. I really want some rams and loaches now.

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling!   Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/31/2010, 6:05 pm

As far as am concerned that is animal (I know they are fish, same thing to me) cruelty.
You should have called the police.
Back to top Go down
dangit
Private
Private
dangit

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling!   Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 9:38 pm

Well Dang, I will be the first to admit I am not a PRO at the selling aspect of anything. I am just a hobby guy who LOVES my fish. But theres NOWAY that I could possibly get upset with someone enough to lose any of them. I usually chalk up whatever happens to learning experiences and move forward. Some people are just JERKS
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling!   Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling! - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/19/2011, 11:48 pm

thats a brand new and strange story. as far as dimorphism goes evyone want the pretty ones, but through my numerous readings. a breeder can influence the sex of the offspring. with reptilesit can be temperature, or with fish it could be pH. i havent done enough research on the subject to be authoritative on the subject, but perhaps KMX can shed some light with his research superpowers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling!   Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimorphic? Good for breeding,bad for selling!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2