UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

worms or just fecus?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

worms or just fecus? Empty
PostSubject: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 7:57 pm

can anyone tell me if just reg fecus can be solid white and not a worm?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 8:11 pm

either worm or bloat
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 8:23 pm

been seeing it from my blackskirt tetras for a long time i treated the water with parasite clear and also fed the parasite med food to them but i still see them every so often. but none of them has ever died
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 8:32 pm

What are you feeding?
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 8:52 pm

flake food and blood worms
Back to top Go down
CHOMPERS
Private First Class
Private First Class
CHOMPERS

Favorite Fish: : Tilapia...with butter and lemon.

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 9:22 pm

If it is several worms or hair like things sticking out of the anus, it is likely camellanus and is treated with Levamisole Hydrochloride. There is another medication that is reported to work well but I don't remember it.

If it is a long white poop that doesn't break off, it is often an internal bacterial infection (like bloat or dropsy, as previously mentioned).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 8:13 am

What brand of flake? I have seen the same symptoms from feeding foods that are poorly made.
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 11:47 am

the flake brands are Tetra and Aquarian . The bloodworms brand is San francisco Bay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 5:36 pm

Tetra flake is decent quality, not sure on the other though....
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 5:43 pm

i liked the brand on the bloodworms very think and fat i normally get hikari tho they hav 2 bags of bloodworms for 5 bucks cant go worng. aquarian is a cheaper version of tetra. its not a bad brand but its cheaper i tried that and my fish looked at me lik im stupid or something lol!. so i use omega 1 and bloodworms for my eel, hikari algea wafers. so it shouldnt be the food bc i tried all of those, but my fish r picky!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: worms or just fecus?   worms or just fecus? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

worms or just fecus?
Page 1 of 1