UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Suggestion on setup for changing water

Go down 
+7
alan j t
jcsmit7
unknown
CSnyder00
Joe Reborn
Pitbull
airball2006
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Suggestion on setup for changing water - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion on setup for changing water   Suggestion on setup for changing water - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to easily change the water in a large aquarium without physically having to bring in many large bucket of water?

I have my aquarium near a window where I can bring in a water hose by the window. I was thinking about using one of those pythons gravel vac, but wasn't sure whether the cichlids would like water that hasn't been dechlorinated before I dump it into the tank. I can always add dechlorinator afterwards, but is this ok?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
intensitti
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion on setup for changing water   Suggestion on setup for changing water - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 11:25 am

the filter is one that hooks up for drinking water that goes on the tap. i had one 10 years ago for my tanks and it worked well. i got this one off of ebay for $45 that included shipping and handling. instead of filling the tank with cold water, we can adjust it to the temp needed so there are no drastic water temp variations.....

mrs unknown.
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion on setup for changing water   Suggestion on setup for changing water - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 12:27 pm

The filter is a "Pure" and works quite well. Designed to remove chlorine as well as other impurities. While the cartridges do need replaced after a certain amount of use, it's cheaper than replacing fish on a regular basis!! I still use a small amount of prime for the added essential minerals, but have forgotten a couple times without losing any fish during the water changes. Not to mention, our water district adds a LOT of chlorine, and I'd always rather be safe than sorry.

Keeps the water clean and the fish happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion on setup for changing water   Suggestion on setup for changing water - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 2:44 pm

I may have to look into that!
Welcome mrs unknown! welcome
Back to top Go down
intensitti
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
intensitti

Favorite Fish: : Angels and Discus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion on setup for changing water   Suggestion on setup for changing water - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 2:50 pm

Thank you Fren !! I usually just use husband's name, but I have decided to start putting in my "silver dollars worth".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion on setup for changing water   Suggestion on setup for changing water - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 2:52 pm

lol! I don't blame you! Well make yourself right at home!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion on setup for changing water   Suggestion on setup for changing water - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion on setup for changing water
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2