UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

starting a hospital tank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

starting a hospital tank Empty
PostSubject: starting a hospital tank   starting a hospital tank Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 3:01 pm

what would be a good size for a hospital tank?
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: starting a hospital tank   starting a hospital tank Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 4:54 pm

10, 20, or 30 gallon. Something that any one of your fish would fit in in order to treat them for a week or so.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: starting a hospital tank   starting a hospital tank Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 7:37 pm

I keep a couple 10s running for quarintine tanks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: starting a hospital tank   starting a hospital tank Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 8:18 am

You do know that you need to either keep a few fish in it or keep the filter running on an occupied tank to keep it cycled. I personally use live bearer fry to keep my QT tanks cycled, but I have plenty of them.
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: starting a hospital tank   starting a hospital tank Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 8:24 am

picking up a 10 gallon tank today, one of my calvus's either has bloat or is getting ready to lay eggs, pretty sure its bloat, don't think it is old enough to start breeding, but who knows, its about 2 inches long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: starting a hospital tank   starting a hospital tank Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 8:33 am

Fill it with water from the tank the fish is coming from and use old media in the filter this will quick cycle the tank.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: starting a hospital tank   starting a hospital tank Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 9:21 am

Calvus shouldnt have bloat. They are carnivores.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: starting a hospital tank   starting a hospital tank Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 10:49 am

10 gallon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: starting a hospital tank   starting a hospital tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

starting a hospital tank
Page 1 of 1