UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Dojo sick

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

Dojo sick Empty
PostSubject: Dojo sick   Dojo sick Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 7:42 pm

not sure if i should be alarmed but my largest dojo is exhibiting some white markings - not really spots - since the substrate is sand, don't think it is scratches or scars - any advice/help? image is poor but all the white you see is on him

[img]Dojo sick DSCI4725[/img]
Back to top Go down

Dojo sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dojo sick   Dojo sick Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 7:46 pm

Full list of tank mates tank size decor and temp and water stats will help us help your dojo.
If you have stress coat go ahead and add some it cant hurt.
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Dojo sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dojo sick   Dojo sick Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 8:07 pm

tank mates are guppies/platies/sm angels/mollies/cory cats/pleco/snails/2 other dojos - did 75% water change yesterday - water cloudy - temp at 76 - other fish all fine including dojos - added my ghost shrimp from another tank yesterday - have 2 plants floating as i need to take to a friend
Back to top Go down

Dojo sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dojo sick   Dojo sick Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 8:35 am

The angels or plecos could have been nibbling on him, I would move them or him if you can. Those look like battle wounds. I would go ahead and treat him with an anti fungal and stress coat and he should get better. Also drop the temp a few degrees if you can.
All the other tank mates you have listed are peaceful with dojos (I have the same stock with mine) The most aggression I have seen with any of the other listed stock is my dojo will nudge whoever is in his spot till they move. My guess is your pleco may not have wanted to move and attacked the dojo?
Oh, the dojos and plecos may eat the ghost shrimp. I have seen a few torn up shrimp bodies in my tank from time to time.
Another thought, is there a spot in your tank he used to hide in and he doesn't fit well in any more and could have gotten stuck?
Keep us posted and I hope he gets better soon!
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Dojo sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dojo sick   Dojo sick Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 6:55 pm

thanks Fern, should I move the cory cats?
Back to top Go down

Dojo sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dojo sick   Dojo sick Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 7:58 am

No, corys and dojos do fine together. My corys will lay on top of my dojo and neither has issues with the other. If my dojo wants a cory to move he nudges them and they move.
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

Dojo sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dojo sick   Dojo sick Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 2:44 pm

What is the pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings of the tank water using the liquid drop type test kits?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dojo sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dojo sick   Dojo sick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dojo sick
Page 1 of 1