UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

missing dojo?????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/1/2010, 8:17 pm

um my dojo been missing for 3 days wat should i do i messed with my sand but nada i dont see a body any where either. i he still there shoudl i not worry??? he is my first dojo i got i got 2 other one is regular like him and new one a golden dojo i did get a zigzag eel recently. would that make him disappear?
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/1/2010, 9:30 pm

do you have a lid on your tank as they can jump...i have 12 all over 8" and i've seen just their head stick out and another where all i saw was a tail but not for long....check plants too as they like to just lay...good luck
Back to top Go down

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 6:24 am

Ya, rummage around in the tank and see if you can find him, they are good at hiding in the decor. Also check up to 5 feet away from the tank, thats how far away I found my jumper.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 6:28 am

Did you find him yet????
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 7:26 am

ill look thro my plants and the tank. i do hav a lid and cover and if he did jump out adios bc my cat or dogs will eat him if he wiggles. i see my other 2 dojos but not him for 3 days and he disappeared wen i got my golden dojo and my zigzag eel, but the eel is big as my dojos r maybe and inch or so. well ill keep looking for him.
Back to top Go down

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 7:37 am

They are very good at the disappearing act, I've lost mine for a week before he showed up again.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 7:41 am

ya i just worry about him!!! he is my pet. all of my fish r pets and all my non water animals r my pets, wen they do something that not right i freak out.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 6:05 pm

well i found him but he died from being stuck underneath a piece of decoration i hav. sooo now i going to bury that until it hits the bottom so that will never happen. but im very upset he didnt make it, that will be the last time that WILL HAPPEN THO.
Back to top Go down

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 6:18 pm

cry That sucks!
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 6:20 pm

sorry for the loss.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 6:24 pm

ya i was really upset my dojo gone my boyfriend was its alright but i really did feel so bad but i should of been more careful!!!! well it wont happen again!!!! if it comes down to it ill take the decor out and put it away and then i wont hav any probs again.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 9:09 pm

Sorry for your Loss... we always learn the Hard Way...
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 9:11 pm

thx i feel bad i thought he would be fine but i guessed wrong so i learned my lesson to be careful of that stuff and check on it.
Back to top Go down

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 9:14 pm

Once your plants thicken up you may be able to pull the decor and still have happy fish..... that always sucks though.....
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 9:17 pm

ya the only reason i keep it in so my boyfriend feels happy that he did somethin for the fish, so i hav to keep it but ill bury it real deep unless it does become to dangerous.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 9:20 pm

cry

what kind of decoration is it?
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 9:27 pm

some greek part of the collusium idk really wat it is but my bf liked it so bought it
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 4:27 pm

now my golden dojo is missing i dont know wats goin on????? now im worried ive looked for him all over the place but didnt see him now im worried for my other, i hope he is alive that would be 2 dojos if he gone. ive uprooted everything moved things but nothing. would it be the zigzag eel? it started a week or 2 after i got him but he was with other dojos should i get more that 3 dojos? i dont know wat to do? should i bring him back since hes being a trouble maker but he stays in his collusium.
Back to top Go down

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 5:37 pm

pull all the funky decor gently and keep it out of the tank for now, moving stuff about is a good way to squish a fish (I've done it, it really sucks) The zigzag may be making them hide but I don't know much about them, if he is a predator I would pass him on to someone else.

also make sure he didnt get into your filter, dojos are bad about that.

I really hope you find him hiding somewhere silly but alive and well
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 11:46 pm

ya i looked for him and ill take that one out but the collusium is hard to move and i searched on the sigzag eels and they said they r docile and shy fish thats why i got him and they hev them as community fish but still u never know but ill check my filter forgot to look there
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 11:55 pm

found him in my filter hes a bit stressed out but i think he'll be alright but i still worry!! dont want to lose him and i may put more plants in there to so he would be happier and all.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/6/2010, 12:31 am

cool hope it gets better and stays out of the filter
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/6/2010, 12:40 am

i found 6 bn fry in my filter 1 time. dont know how long they were in there but they were almost 1/2in
Back to top Go down

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/6/2010, 7:57 am

see if you can fin d one of the sponges that goes over the filter intake. That will keep him and everyone else out till they are too big to swim up the tube.
Or you could wrap filter cloth over it and secure it with a zip tie or 2, just don't cut the ends of the zip ties because when they are cut they end up very sharp and can cut you and the fish.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime6/6/2010, 9:13 am

well he didnt come thro the tube thats for sur bc its has the end to it and its slits r to small so he must of jumped thro holes that throws the filtered water back into tank, so im going to somehow cover it but still hav the flow, thats my project right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

missing dojo????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: missing dojo?????   missing dojo????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

missing dojo?????
Page 1 of 1