UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Rubber Lipped Pleco

Go down 
+6
R2 Ranch
snowflake311
SLAYERR34
MIKEJ0226
tjb0408
CSnyder00
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

Rubber Lipped Pleco - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rubber Lipped Pleco   Rubber Lipped Pleco - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 4:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has anyone every kept a Rubber Lipped Plecostomus ? How do they do for algae cleanup? I am in need of another pleco and I want one that will stay smaller. These look like a good candidate but I am buying it just for that purpose. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Lipped Pleco   Rubber Lipped Pleco - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 7:55 am

I bought 3 rubber lipped plecos recently and they headed straight for the algae! They are amazing algea eaters and they never seem to hide! They don't eat plants either, they eat algae for their whole life unlike most plecos. Do give them some wood to munch on and algae wafers to supplement their grazing.
Unfortunately mine came with ich cursing and I didn't notice till last night cursing
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Lipped Pleco   Rubber Lipped Pleco - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 10:01 am

Yes I would love to see everyones plecos.

Mine has ich too. It's very common. Mine is not eatting anything put algea off glass. I'm getting worried. I don't have much algea. I got a veggie clip and put a cucomer in for the night. These guy can be hard to get to eat.

If you guys find somed they love let me know. Also I found mine to not do well with ich treatment. His fins got irritated and a bit red. He is still alive and fine beside that. But once I stop treatment and did some water changes the red faded away.

Last edited by snowflake311 on 12/10/2009, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Lipped Pleco   Rubber Lipped Pleco - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 10:03 am

I have a thread on mine "I gots me some plecos" is what its titled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Lipped Pleco   Rubber Lipped Pleco - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rubber Lipped Pleco
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2