UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New fish for 80 gallon

Go down 
+4
Ben
Dr. Who
MarkM
Shea
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

New fish for 80 gallon Empty
PostSubject: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 2:07 pm

My husband talked me into sharing my 80 gallon tank, to have fish we'd both like in it. The owner of an lfs breeds these himself. He's a really cool well respected guy and he advised us on their care and needs. I think he said it will take a year to show good color. And to have no less than 15 and no more than 25 for my sized tank. We brought home 15 little guys. I picked the fish in the 2nd photo and my husband chose the rest. I think I have better taste, of course...
Will take better pics when they are settled.
New fish for 80 gallon 025
New fish for 80 gallon 042
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 2:13 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 2:25 pm

I had to google their names because I couldn't read the breeders handwriting.
Pseudotropeus demasoni
iodotropheus sprengerae
zebra obliquidens
nimbochromis venustus
yellow labidochromis
pseudotropheus acei
Horrible names! I cannot pronounce them.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 10:10 pm

Yes they will pretty in a year. Lots of color.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 10:50 pm

Nice selections. I love venustus.
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 9:39 am

Last night one of the two demasoni started picking on the other, then started picking on the zebra obliquidens as well. I removed both demasoni and all has been well since. The lfs is closed until Tuesday so I cannot call for advice. I think I want to take the demasoni back and replace them with something else. rolling eye
I absolutely LOVE all the rest of the fish but especially the venustus and acei.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 10:05 am

Looking good, Shea! I'm not that good with cichlids ID - can you just point me to the venustus? Which one is it in the pix?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 10:47 am

Second pick is the acei and venustus. Yellow with the spots are the venustus and the ones with the yellow tails are acei. Also in the back right corner is a demasoni. Yellow lab also at the top.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 10:58 am

Thanks! I recognized the demasoni but that's the only one. ;)
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 10:30 pm

good looking fish !!!
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 1:25 am

Whoa! Venustus grow biggg... I think they are wonderful, but with size can come aggresion.. hopefully not as they have grown up together.
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 6:46 am

Yeti wrote:
Whoa! Venustus grow biggg... I think they are wonderful, but with size can come aggresion.. hopefully not as they have grown up together.

This is why I've never ventured into keeping this type of fish. I normally only keep very peaceful fish other than having an angelfish quarrel once in a while.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 8:49 am

Shea wrote:
I had to google their names because I couldn't read the breeders handwriting.
Pseudotropeus demasoni
iodotropheus sprengerae
zebra obliquidens
nimbochromis venustus
yellow labidochromis
pseudotropheus acei
Horrible names! I cannot pronounce them.

I was going to tell you what they all were....awwwww no fun! lol!
They look great.
As far as the Demasoni usually if there is 3-4 in a tank it will become 1. They are nasty!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime12/19/2011, 8:09 am

i would say you probably can move them to a 55 for now, they lok small in the pics. as they get larger they will probably get more territorial and need lost of space to hide. but awesome looking fish! my blue acai died :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New fish for 80 gallon   New fish for 80 gallon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New fish for 80 gallon
Page 1 of 1