UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My Victorians

Go down 
+6
jb1edlover
KMX
nick a
Flippercon
Ben
Jd.
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

My Victorians  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 7:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

So recently I decided to get myself some Lake Victorians so I got to look and ended up getting some PUNDAMILIA NYEREREI RUTI ISLAND. After a hard start of not having some of the fish not eating , I have gotten them adjusted and eating well. I had a male that is showing some color 3 full size ladies for him and 6 juvies . And as of a couple of days ago I realized 1 of the females has a mouth full of eggs haha so I get to experience stripping a fish here shortly.

My Victorians  - Page 2 Untitled

My Victorians  - Page 2 Femalevic

My Victorians  - Page 2 IMG_0059
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/4/2011, 8:32 am

JD it's a happy medium for these guys... hiding places they hide... no hiding places the males KILL the females!!! That is with Pundamilia Nyererei anyway! Males a brutal.

I'm getting a feel for you guys and Im pretty sure you guys are going to be responsible. Its never about the money, I give fish away that's the only way I operate. HOwever I'm very particular who I give them too. There is a high retail on Victorians right now and plenty of jack holes out there trying to cash in on them and they are willing to breed them with anything and everything to "Create" the next frankenfish and try to ruin the hobby. Anyway, I'm actually tied up with a softball tournament this weekend but should be around next weekend. Long weekends usually equal tournaments for me..... life of a high school coach!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/5/2011, 6:08 pm

Hehe yea I know all about softball weekends since I'm a horrible ref or used to be " part time jobs while in college" haha sadly I hate to say it but i liked volleyball umpiring much more. Well I totally understand you want your babies to go to good homes and there is no way I could disagree about it , and yea I am horribly bad at giving away fish for free. I just finished draining water from my 40g which will be the only tank inside my house and will be housing the vics that i might get from you. I am getting rid of a lot of fish just because I am busy and I want to spend more time on certain tanks but still love ever fish i have.

My Victorians  - Page 2 1b920e3f

I will try to get that tank filled and decorated by wednesday all depends on when I get my rocks but will most likely be by friday.

PS : dang I noticed I drink a lot of water by looking at the trash can in this picture hahaha
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 10:15 am

looking good!!! jb has some nice fish as well and im sure he can help you out.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 3:50 pm

So i got a question , what is a good algae eater I have lost 1 bristle nose pleco and 1 is kinda showed up so what would the best option for my tank of vics ?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 4:35 pm

I stick with either bristlenose or clown plecos. I think a gold nugget would look nice in there also.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 8:15 pm

Gosh I would be scared to throw a gold nugget in a 8.0 ph with violent fish haha
Back to top Go down
guppy breeder
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : jd's, fronts, GUPPIES, lfabn's, shrimps, Do plants count?

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 8:18 pm

Nice my wife an I have paralibidochromis chromogynos zue island and Haplochromis Sp. 35 "Tomatoes" we just got the hap's today. cant wait till our start breeding
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 9:02 pm

I have seen it done and it looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 9:17 pm

I may think about it , we will def have to see how it all goes. I just don't want them to kill any of the fish the little jerks
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 7:16 am

Gonna strip that female here real soon jd. Get your phone back and give me a call.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 12:35 pm

Yea I got my new screen for it yesterday and it didn't work so I'm kinda like well what now haha.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 2:26 pm

Well I got home today and set up a fry tank,caught the female and nothing. The eggs were all white in her mouth. I stripped all the bad eggs and put her back in the tank. So when do you want her back jd?
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 10:53 pm

I just finished setting up the 40g , now just waiting for the ruti islands that kmx to arrive tomorrow ill post some more pics and keep you guys up to date.

My Victorians  - Page 2 Ad34a8eb
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 7:11 am

I can't wait to see, really like those!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 4:31 pm

I posted some of the new pictures in the cast section they are so tiny and cute haha.

I actually got pleco to put in with them it was cheap and the max size is 2 inch so I'm happy its a pitbull pleco he is kinda cute haha
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/19/2011, 5:52 pm

My Victorians  - Page 2 Th_4f609929
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 11:36 am

Just took my female holding eggs out , Ben and Flipper I will let you guys know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/14/2011, 10:20 pm

So my female has been holding for 3 weeks figured I would check to see if she was carrying babies or dead eggs so I semi striped her.

My Victorians  - Page 2 IMG_0295
My Victorians  - Page 2 IMG_0294
My Victorians  - Page 2 IMG_0291

Lol her barebottom 10g is truly ugly haha luckily she only has to deal with it when she is knocked up.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/14/2011, 10:24 pm

Congratz Jd
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/14/2011, 10:32 pm

Gratz urself there half ur fish haha I'm not keeping any of the fry between u and a flipper.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/14/2011, 10:36 pm

Sounds good to me haha!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/15/2011, 1:46 am

I may have another preg female .... god vics breed fast I will check when its light out but my gosh they keep me busy haha.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/15/2011, 6:55 pm

My pit bull pleco died , Any suggestions on a hardy semi aggressive bottom feeder ?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/15/2011, 7:58 pm

Angelicus botia or yoyos. Get at least a group of three.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/15/2011, 9:37 pm

I was looking at those a while ago , if I can find them for a cheap price ill pick up a few
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2011, 4:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLwMGJdtDWM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Victorians    My Victorians  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Victorians
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next