UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

identify my fish

Go down 
+2
MarkM
lexxx3fish
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lexxx3fish
Private
Private
lexxx3fish

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 10:49 pm

When I bought my Frontosas the seller threw in what he said was a Flowerhorn, but after looking up the Flowerhorn pics. It did not look like one. When given to me it was all blackish brown, I left on vacation for two weeks only to come home to a orange pinkish fish. If anyone has an idea let me know. thanks in advance
identify my fish 68211
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime8/17/2011, 12:32 am

Looks like a red devil or a Midas cichlid. I personally wouldn't keep him with Africans. I would keep a close eye out for any excessive aggression.
Back to top Go down
lexxx3fish
Private
Private
lexxx3fish

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime8/17/2011, 4:05 am

Well I thought it was a Midas red devil but I have never seen them any other color than orange/redish? It is a bit aggresive but not as bad as my yellow zebra, even though he makes the yellow zebra look like a fry. lol!
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime8/17/2011, 4:50 am

What exactly are you calling a " yellow zebra fish " ?
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime8/17/2011, 5:51 am

Red devils can have be shades of orange, red , and yellow. Some also have white and/or black on them also. I think the ones that are white and red are pretty cool looking.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime8/17/2011, 6:14 am

Keep an eye on your fronts... while small they are going to be ok, but as the get "bigger" they might become too slow/passive and not get the food requirements then need! Those other fish they are with are really "outgoing" and feeding time will be crazy. Maybe if you mix in some larger "sinking" pellets with your other food they could be ok. Not saying it won't work but keep an eye on it.
As for your fish I.D. I'm agreeing with a Midas of some sort... but it's a cr@p shoot with those fish.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime8/17/2011, 8:44 am

They don't call them red devils for no reason. WATCH OUT
Back to top Go down
lexxx3fish
Private
Private
lexxx3fish

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime8/17/2011, 10:23 am

thanks for the advice, if I were to rehome the fish that could free up some tank space, He probably eats like 3-4 fish combined. Which means I could add a couple more. But he has gone about an inch a month or so and is only getting bigger. I used to hand feed him but not anymore after he caught on my finger and drew blood. The yellow zebra is the one pictured in the middle, I bought him 5 years ago in a group of red zebras. I have never seen another like it anywhere, the yellow lab comes close.
Back to top Go down
jnjholding
Private First Class
Private First Class

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime8/20/2011, 11:14 am

KMX wrote:
They don't call them red devils for no reason. WATCH OUT

When I was in my C.A. days, I had a Red Devil that I raised up as a fry to about 6 inches or slightly bigger. I traded him off to a petstore, who put him in a CA Community tank. When I showed up about a week later, I found the RD was in a tank by himself, the store owner said he immediately started killing fish in that tank. The fish was sold to a customer, who brought it back about 2 days later, due to it killing everything in the customer's tank.

The funny thing is, I never had an issue with that fish, it was with Oscars, J.D.s, Green Terrors, etc., in a 58g Oceanic show tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

identify my fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: identify my fish   identify my fish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

identify my fish
Page 1 of 1