UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Please help identify my malawi hap

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flapjack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : GUPPIES!

Please help identify my malawi hap Empty
PostSubject: Please help identify my malawi hap   Please help identify my malawi hap Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 4:44 pm

Please help identify my malawi hap Phonepics003

I bought it at a LFS as Sciaenochromis ahli but i have had some people saying that it is not s. ahli but a type of fryeri because next to zero s. ahli's were imported. what do you guys think? thanks

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/s_ahli.php
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Please help identify my malawi hap   Please help identify my malawi hap Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 4:52 pm

i vote no. it is some variant of the fryeri. should be a good looking fish tho.
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Please help identify my malawi hap   Please help identify my malawi hap Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 4:55 pm

Please help identify my malawi hap 858205 the yellowing throws me off.
Back to top Go down
Flapjack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : GUPPIES!

PostSubject: Re: Please help identify my malawi hap   Please help identify my malawi hap Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 4:57 pm

if you look at the link the picture of the ahli according to cichlid-forum that shows yellow in the fins.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/s_ahli.php
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Please help identify my malawi hap   Please help identify my malawi hap Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 5:06 pm

true, its the yellow on the body not the fins. Let me see if I can get a good pic of my two breeding groups they are two different strains but look the same when adults. Maybe I have week fish, i dont know.lol
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Please help identify my malawi hap   Please help identify my malawi hap Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 10:51 am

trust me it is not that!!! it is some variant of the fryeri.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Please help identify my malawi hap   Please help identify my malawi hap Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 11:51 am

Very nice looking fish, i love the blue color on them!! Please help identify my malawi hap 690297
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help identify my malawi hap   Please help identify my malawi hap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please help identify my malawi hap
Page 1 of 1