UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Tx holey rock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hostage42
Private
Private

Tx holey rock Empty
PostSubject: Tx holey rock   Tx holey rock Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 12:01 am

Is Tx holey rock a good rock for mobas? Has anyone here used this before? I found some greet looking rock called feather rock today....too sharp for mobas I'm thinking.... Looks great though.... Like black volcanic rock with grey marbling through out it.... Looks nice for a black sand tank. Well if anyone has any experience with the Tx holey rock let me know please good or bad...... Thanks alot.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

Tx holey rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tx holey rock   Tx holey rock Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 2:58 am

Holey rock will work fine with fronts. Not sure what feather rock is, but I know people that use lace rock which is like lava rock in their front tanks.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

Tx holey rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tx holey rock   Tx holey rock Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 7:01 am

Make sure the holey rock you use with fronts is smooth.... i.e. no sharp edges! Fronts can be very skittish and walking by the tank at night could send them in a little panic and they will dart across the tank hitting the holey rock. They will damage themselves on sharp edges. However holey rock and fronts do well together.
JB
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

Tx holey rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tx holey rock   Tx holey rock Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 4:54 pm

the moderator "Holey Rock of Texas" oughta know
https://usafishbox.forumotion.com/u19
ask him for the definitive answer lol!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Tx holey rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tx holey rock   Tx holey rock Icon_minitime7/31/2011, 12:00 am

jb1edlover wrote:
Make sure the holey rock you use with fronts is smooth.... i.e. no sharp edges! Fronts can be very skittish and walking by the tank at night could send them in a little panic and they will dart across the tank hitting the holey rock. They will damage themselves on sharp edges. However holey rock and fronts do well together.
JB

i agree. however it is rare but can happen for the fish to damage themselves on sharp edges sometimes found on the rock. i do believe wild fish are more prone to darting as well. good luck and no matter what rock you choose your mobas will look amazing. if you are looking for a perfectly smooth rock you might want to consider river rock. good luck.
thank you,
david
www.holeyrockoftexas.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tx holey rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tx holey rock   Tx holey rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tx holey rock
Page 1 of 1